asking for ur criticism :-)

santanuc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
Here is my first submitted photo. :) I shall like to hear comments on composition and other technicalities.

This was taken in my home city Kolkata in India in the evening. This is the front side of the Victorial Memorial Hall.

DSC00292_lux.jpg

Hey I can't get u people. There must be some mistake or many mistakes in my photo. Please let me know that clearly.

Hope to learn from ur criticism. Am just a learner.

It appears that the site where you have your photo on the web doesn't allow a direct link to the image. Try photobucket.com, a lot of people on this site use them with no problems. Good luck!

santanuc said:
Hey I can't get u people. There must be some mistake or many mistakes in my photo. Please let me know that clearly.

Hope to learn from ur criticism. Am just a learner.

Sorry Santanuc. Your picture is not coming up. All I get is a '?' which means a broken link.
Bokeh sees a red X which means the same.
If you can see the picture it means your site will only link it if you have logged on. As we haven't it won't let us see it.

I went the the website that he posted before he made the edit. So I had already got it in my temporary internet files. If you want, I'll host the image for you.

Ohho...am sorry friends....and thanks Chrism. :)

But first let me try it myself. I shall try to do the necessary updates tomorrow. Now I have to leave my office for home. I can access internet only from my office.

Sorry for inconvenience and thnx for ur response.

Hi friends,
I have uploaded my photo in photobucket.com and have already updated the URL in my previous post. Hope now there would be no problem viewing my photo.

here is another photo of the same location :)

DSC00291_lux.jpg

hope to recieve valuable comments on the two.

Thanks

what is the EXIF data of these pictures?

you should use a tripod to get a more clear shot... also, make sure that your ISO isn't too high...

Composition need to get a little more even....

keep it up! You'll learn a lot here! :D

2Stupid2Duck said:
You got a lean up to the right mate.

Hi friend why do u think so? actually its a bridge, though a small one over a canal. Or is it due to the fact that the right portion of the photo is brighter than the left? Actually I wanted to capture those light posts and their shadows in the water.

Hope u will clear my confusion.

2Stupid2Duck said:
You got a lean up to the right mate.
He means you need to keep the horizon level the horizon is lower on the right than the left....

Also, something I noticed... on your second pic.... you cut off the very top of the building... you should zoom out a bit more and try to fit the whole thing in a frame

#2 is slanted a bit. If it wasn't slanted then you could crop the part were the lights and the tower is and their reflection in the water. I have tried to do this with the picture, but it just doesn't look right because of the slant of the building and lights.

Most reactions

Back