Asking Permission?

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am taking a summer B&W photography class and one of the assignments is to take portraits. There is a certain individual in the class that I want to use as my subject and I am not sure how to go about asking them. Since day one we have "clicked", so do you think that it would be out of the question to ask them to be my model? And how to go about asking them?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Yeah, I use freinds all the time to be models for me. If you two clicked, than why be hesitant?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Ask them if they have found a good model release form and what do they think of this? (have one to show) After discussing the form say something like "OK, so, what do you think of modeling for me? I'll sign yours if you'll sign mine." - Which is totally lame so just ask. Do it as soon as you can. Bribe them with food if need be. Just ask like you were asking a friend. And always take the opportunity to relax! A very smart man once said that 'if you are finding that life is too difficult, that just means that you are doing it wrong!'. Sorry, I don't remember the exact quote but that's the gist of it. Read Douglas Adams. :)

mike

(no, I Wasn't going to close with 'So long and thanks for all the fish', but I did think of it ;))

Be a grown up.

Don't beat around the bush.

Say "You have an interesting/great/wonderful face and I'd like to take pictures of you for my portrait assignment."

Really I agree all you have to do is ask I would imagine you could have some sort of reciprocal arrangement. They might want to shoot your portrait. When I was in school I shot my classmates all the time (amd no I did not go to Virginia Tech).

When I was in school I shot my classmates all the time (amd no I did not go to Virginia Tech).
:raisedbrow:

That's not funny.

Most reactions

Back