sarvani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Studio414 presents: the One World Photography Contest
Supporting Aspiring Photographers

Hello!

Studio414 is giving away a Canon 5D Mark II as a photo contest prize.

* 2nd place is the Canon SD790
* 3rd place is $100 cash.

This is currently a weekly contest, with a new deadline of October 3rd. We are a small company, with humble beginnings and a passion to offer support for aspiring photographers. We are registered with the Better Business Bureau, and are sponsored by well known photographer Tom Ardnt.

Please check out our site, enjoy the recent winners' photos and submit your own creations! studio414contest.com

We are seeking photographs that reveal a passion, love, fun, intensity or creativity of life, captured in a moment. This is a contest for a wide range of photographers, as it is not simply based on technical perfection, but the emotion it inspires. Our hope is to keep expanding the contest to other prizes that will support your lifestyle (help with tuition for photo schools, equipment, etc.) as well as evolving the contest into a resource center.

We have had wonderful feedback from our winners and we are very grateful for everyone who has submitted their work thus far; for trusting our vision, and for supporting us in supporting you.

Visit studio414contest.com to enter.

Call or email us with any ideas or questions,

Thank you and good luck!

The creators of the One World Photography Contest

is it a 5 dollar registration per photo entered?

We are registered with the Better Business Bureau, and are sponsored by well known photographer Tom Ardnt.

Who?

All you need to register with the BBB is some cash for the fee, what kind of guarantee is that?

I've specifically heard of this "company" (Studio 414) before too. Are you still at www.studio414.com giving away the original "Cannon 5D" too?

:roll:

Hello!

(I posted this in another forum as well.)

This contest is legit and is not a scam!

I understand the questioning (I do research about anything that I am putting any sort of money or time into!)

These people are actually winning these cameras (and cash) and have been surprised and amazed themselves that they won. Not because of their artistry, but more that they had also wondered if it was real or not. We will be posting more of their testimonials, as well as figuring out a way for them (the winners) to be contacted, so that everyone wondering about our authenticity will feel re assured.

We, as a small company, (yes we are connected to studio414.com) do care and respond to people's inquiries (by email and phone). We are true to our word and are thrilled to be able to offer these prizes to people who may not have otherwise been able to afford this type of camera. We are conscientious people with a passion for photography, inspired by people's incredible abilities....not just to create monies. There is a $5 fee for entering a photo. It is supporting us and supporting photographers who may use this as encouragement for their skills, exposure, and equipment to support their work.

As for the deadlines, we are in the process of wording it all in a clear way. It is a weekly contest, so the dates change due to one ending, a new one beginning and allowing us time to really choose a winner.

If you have any more helpful insights or suggestions for us, we are open to your ideas. This contest is meant to evolve into a place of support for aspiring photographers, much like this forum is for information as well as winning equipment or help with tuition.

Thanks so much!

Sarvani

Kind of feels like a scam. A weekly winner gets a 5D MarkII?

Yes, it is currently a weekly contest and we are giving away the new Canon 5D Mark II.

Thus far, we have given the old Canon 5D to the first 2 of our winners; the 3rd opted to wait for us to order the new 5D for her and the 4th (the most recent winner) was just informed that he won, and is awaiting his camera.

We are working on figuring out a way for people to contact the winners, to affirm that they are real photographers and have won real cameras! Most of our winners have been through Facebook, you may try to reach them through that outlet.

;) Cheers,

Mele

Sorry! Legit or not. Anyone crazy enough to give their SS# to receive the top prize is crazy. Correct me if I am wrong. But does it not say in the fine print that the winners of the top prize must give their Social Security number to collect prize.

Why would anyone gove a SS# to anyone? I'd like to speak to some of the winners and see what they have to say about this. Maybe speak to a few loosers too. Can you post their contact info?

BTW who is actually running this contest? You are only a sponsor, correct?

SS#? NO WAY HOSE A!

Last edited:
Yeah, give us the name of a few winners, their e-mail addresses, their SSN, their bank's routing numbers and accounts... You know, the whole nine yards. I assume you have that info.

At least give us a few names and their e-mail address to be credible.

Report this post, this is a scam. Be gone!

-JD-

Hey out there!

Just to let you know Jessica Mealey of Studio 414 is an amazing artist who I studied with at the Aegean Center for Fine Arts in Italy and Greece (Study Art in Greece and Italy - Since 1966 The Aegean Center for the Fine Arts). If she says she's giving away a new camera then she is!

If you want to see if I'm legit I work for the national non-profit SCA (Southeast | The SCA - Student Conservation Association). Think about it...in all the time you spent wondering if the contest was real you could have been crafting an amazing photograph.

Cheers,
Georgie

Etsy :: gjennisonphotography :: GEORGIANNA JENNISON PHOTOGRAPHY

Why are people trying to get people on here to "register" or "enter" so badly? post up the contest with some info... if no one wants to enter so be it... why fight it? your NEVER going to convince someone its not a scam if they believe it is... lol why even bother trying... IF it is legit.. there loss

Hey out there!

Just to let you know Jessica Mealey of Studio 414 is an amazing artist who I studied with at the Aegean Center for Fine Arts in Italy and Greece (Study Art in Greece and Italy - Since 1966 The Aegean Center for the Fine Arts). If she says she's giving away a new camera then she is!

If you want to see if I'm legit I work for the national non-profit SCA (Southeast | The SCA - Student Conservation Association). Think about it...in all the time you spent wondering if the contest was real you could have been crafting an amazing photograph.

Cheers,
Georgie

Etsy :: gjennisonphotography :: GEORGIANNA JENNISON PHOTOGRAPHY
And i've used to shoot with Ken Rockwell until he found out I have a Canon. He was jealous. lol

LOL this is so dodgy

Most reactions

Back