Aspiring wedding photographer needs website critiqued

rfernando

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm an aspiring wedding photographer and I would like you all to review my website. I'm hoping to land some gigs whether they be for a second shooter position or the main photographer position. I'm really shooting for being the main photographer. I've been a second shooter for three weddings. The images you see on my site are from those gigs. Please let me know what I'm missing or what I should remove. Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the link to my site: Clean & Crisp Photography |

Very slow.. even after caching.... and I am on a fast network...

yeah.....really slow...no potential client is going to wait.
The photos I did see were all underexposed by quite a bit. Does not look like you are ready to be the main. Shoot a few more as second and work on your post processing and exposures.

Agreed.. Very slow to load, & what images I did see we're underexposed. Bit of work on exposure won't go a miss.... Good luck.

I'm an aspiring wedding photographer and I would like you all to review my website. I'm hoping to land some gigs whether they be for a second shooter position or the main photographer position. I'm really shooting for being the main photographer. I've been a second shooter for three weddings. The images you see on my site are from those gigs. Please let me know what I'm missing or what I should remove. Your comments would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the link to my site: Clean & Crisp Photography |

Pingdom Tools

"Your website is slower than 76% of all tested websites."

You can see the breakdown of what's holding your site up.

This is a pretty large image: http://www.cleanandcrispphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/galleries/post-34/full/IMG_6520-2.jpg

As well as this: http://www.cleanandcrispphotography...ages/uploads/Dark-brown-fine-wood-texture.jpg

The fact that you're using a poor host and a wordpress site is working against you. This is my girlfriend's wordpress on a good host: Kelsey Raymond

She uses Webfaction hosting.

Last edited:
I am on a mediocre verizon network and it's now taken more than 3 minutes. Not fully loaded yet. Sorry, I am done waiting. So is any potential customer.

Finally came up and said "image gallery could not load"

Brown paneling look and white space around pictures make it look home-made and 'vacant'.
Just like a mix tape, you have to hit the viewer big first picture.

Well, I am on a FAST network also and yest it was slow, The photographs I will not remark on because you did not ask for what we think about your work. It speaks for its self I guess.

GHood luck to you

Pingdom Tools

"Your website is slower than 76% of all tested websites."

You can see the breakdown of what's holding your site up.

This is a pretty large image: http://www.cleanandcrispphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/galleries/post-34/full/IMG_6520-2.jpg

As well as this: http://www.cleanandcrispphotography...ages/uploads/Dark-brown-fine-wood-texture.jpg

The fact that you're using a poor host and a wordpress site is working against you.

Tyler has ALL the cool links.

Thanks guys for all your input! I'll think about going with another host and maybe do without wordpress. Any recommendations? Zenfolio, Livebooks, Showit, etc?

As far as the images, I've read that some of them were underexposed. What other things can you suggest that I continue to work on to strengthen my photos?

Why don't you post some photos here... in the proper forum! You will get critique and advice that way....

I REALLY love portfoliositez and their pricing (I believe) is excellent. If you want to purchase your website Blu is one of the favorites of photographers.
When you upload images make sure you are resizing them for web use and that will help a lot even with a faster site.

MLeeK said:
I REALLY love portfoliositez and their pricing (I believe) is excellent. If you want to purchase your website Blu is one of the favorites of photographers.
When you upload images make sure you are resizing them for web use and that will help a lot even with a faster site.

I don't know that I'd recommend bludomain since flash sites don't show up in google searches.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back