Aspiring wedding photographer needs website critiqued

Wordpress is actually really good for SEO. You're not there yet though. You need work on focus, exposure, color balancing, composition, how to use off camera flash...

I had the site load fairly fast so u must have updated it.... Also no brown paneling on my iPhone so that may have been updated too.
The site looks okay. I agree with the others on the photos being under exposed. Best bit of advice i have received " only show your best work"!

MLeeK said:
I REALLY love portfoliositez and their pricing (I believe) is excellent. If you want to purchase your website Blu is one of the favorites of photographers.
When you upload images make sure you are resizing them for web use and that will help a lot even with a faster site.

I don't know that I'd recommend bludomain since flash sites don't show up in google searches.

Not true. You're at a disadvantage because most flash sites are very minimalist (read, no text to parse) but google finds them just fine. My company has an entirely flash site and is usually on the 1st page (depending on how many places listings Google shows) in a very competitive market.

I would stay away from companies that force you to use their website building system, but give you no access to your code. That's what hurts your SEO. Anytime someone needs SEO for a Wix site I just tell them no. The only thing you can do is build links, but Google won't find it because there are no keywords on your site.

I guess you must have implemented the changes suggested in this thread because your site appears to be very clean and professional. I totally dig minimalist design so I appreciate the look you are going for. There are just some minor tweaks I think you need to make.

1. Your logo seems just a tad to big...making the whole heading take up a fifth of my screen. I want to look at your pictures, not your header.

2. The centered text on your about page is weird and difficult to read. Increase the font size and make the text aligned left... and while you're at it, try having your headshot aligned to the right of the text. We read from left-to-right, the focus of the about page should be the text, not your headshot.

3. Try adding testimonials from satisfied customers across all of your pages.

Otherwise, you have a very presentable web site and a nice portfolio.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back