Assign. #17 Break the Rules

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This weeks assignment is to forget all the rules of photography and break them...I know we do this anyway at times w/o thinking, but I thought it would be interesting to set out to intentionally break any or all of the rules of photography :) So have at it!!!

Next assignment will be posted on Monday, and please try and use new photos for the assignment :)

What rules? Don't stick your finger in front of the lens? Don't forget to take the lenscap off? :lmao:

Oh well, yes, maybe something like that, though those, ditchlily, are the BASICS.
But the horizon right through the middle of your photo, a totally centralized focus point, something like that. Actually, I know too little about all the rules in photography to take part this week, either... but "don't forget to take the lenscap off" is a good start :D.

LaFoto said:
But the horizon right through the middle of your photo, a totally centralized focus point, something like that. Actually, I know too little about all the rules in photography to take part this week, either... but "don't forget to take the lenscap off" is a good start :D.

Sorry if I sounded like I was laughing at the challenge, I was just poking fun at myself. I was really excited about getting in on these challenges but I don't know any composition rules other than the deal about aiming for the thirds (which I guess is related to not having a horizon in the middle of the photo). I know most of the systematic rules, but that's just going to land me with horribly blurry or incorrectly exposed photos, and you guys don't want to see THAT, do you? :lol: This week will be a good "here's not what to do" example for us compositon newbs...or will it?

i dunno if this is what u ment but here you go.
keyboard4xn.jpg

Very centralised motif photographed with way too bright flash:

Spinnezentral.jpg

Portrait of someone (yes, you are right: my daughter) in front of a bright background, no flash:

PortraitvorhellemHG.jpg

Three "right-into-the-light"-pics:

Intothelight.jpg

Intothelight2.jpg

Intothelight3.jpg

One photo cut vertically and horizontally right through the centre:

PerfectCross.jpg

very interesting topic, i like it. i'm not sure what i'll do though, we'll see. this whole 'rules' issue can get fairly messy, but that makes it more fun in the end :)

The print I am going to also use for this assignment is still a little too wet to be scanned and I could stay up and wait for it to dry, but instead I'll wait and post it tomorrow and sort of break a rule by being late.

Most reactions

Back