Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weeks assignment is a color theme: 'orange'. :) Have fun with it!

Remember to read the RULES before you post!!! Photos posted in the assignments threads are to be NEW PHOTOS taken for the assignment ONLY!

If you have a photo that fits the theme, but was taken before this assignment was posted, you may create an "Orange" thread in the regular themes section, as none yet exist. :)

It's funny to me how right when I opened this up and saw that this theme was "orange" I was taking a bite of my manderin oranges in orange gel. I put down my spoon and snack, wallked out to my car, got my camera, waled back to my snack and here it sits. Ironic...
47b6df25b3127cce96302be2f6b700000016108AYuGrFi4buT

when i saw this theme yesterday i immediately thought of a sunset. it gave me a good chance to test out my new tripod. no adjustments except a .75 degree rotation, resized and added borders...

naturesfurnace.jpg

Tried out several things today:

orange01.jpg

Lit with candles underneath

orange02.jpg

Lit with a lamp from underneath and light from above

orange03.jpg

Different crop of the previous pic (blurred ... my sister's Tamron zoom IS indeed defective, I'm afraid -- or my eyes are bad, or I am bad because I am too shaky, whatever... take these as first attempts... please!)

orange04.jpg

Reversed lens macro of the same slice of orange

Different motif now:
orange05.jpg

f5.6

orange06.jpg

Different perspective, f5.0 (shallow DOF)

orange07.jpg

f3.2 exp.1.3 sec.

orange08.jpg

Change of POV, no change of DOF

orange09.jpg

Back to a narrow DOF

I like these assignment. Lovely play with the given theme!
I will try to find more "orange" in the course of the week.

Had only been to the shops before to get this box of 8 :D

Now this is what I call ORANGE. I actually...don't like it at all. It's so...orange! :lmao:
What I was trying for here was that see-through, "Crystal Light" look, where the ice cubes are all shiny and crystal-clear and the drink is completely translucent and the glass has all these fresh-looking dew drops.

Where I went wrong....I used tangerine pop. It's so MURKY!! Hahaha! Also, I believe product photographers use fake ice cubes. I've even seen fake ice cubes for sale at photo shops. But here is the outcome. :)

orange.jpg

Syracuse Orangemen Jacket
IMG_7397.jpg

Turn signal from a chevy venture
IMG_7396.jpg

Truth be told i could just post an image of myself here. And still be in the rules... MY name Adam Orange... yep ... strange but true

I always try to take many different photos for the assignments, so I went out to find more orange and remembered the flexible pipes that I had seen on that yard, so here is some more orange from there:

Assignm_Orange_dieZweite_03.jpg

Assignm_Orange_dieZweite_01.jpg

Assignm_Orange_dieZweite_02.jpg

And the epitome of orange --- oranges:

Assignm_Orange_dieDritte_01.jpg

Assignm_Orange_dieDritte_02.jpg

Assignm_Orange_dieDritte_03.jpg

Assignm_Orange_dieDritte_04.jpg

Assignm_Orange_dieDritte_05.jpg

I haven't tried one of these challenges for awhile, so I thought I'd scrounge my room for some orange, this is what I came up with:

k36seb.jpg

k36sfm.jpg

k36sgl.jpg

k36sk9.jpg

k36sli.jpg

Most reactions

Back