Assign #6: Sunsets

Very nice everyone...but maybe we should get more into doing these as assignments, so we can get out and start shooting! Seems we have more old ones than anything in this thread...though they are all very nice!

But what if the weather just doesn't go along with the assignment?
For "my" weather does not!
After a reasonably sunny day with lots of HAZY sunshine, storm clouds are moving in and all I could see of the sun (which wasn't even far down at the time, but soon after it was GONE) was this:

3-Juni_Gewitterwolke_SU.jpg

And this is already tweaked in all directions to make it look ... it is still not nice.
But that is all I could get... and when there was a reasonably ok-sunset on Wednesday, I had to drive along the road, could watch it from the car, but upon arriving home, the sun was all gone...

The only sunset I ever caught while I was driving myself (erm... don't repeat this after me!) was taken on 18 May ... but after that I had that deer run into my car, and I have never photographed and driven ever since!

Don't do, either! Never!
Though with this one I "just" held the camera out of the side window and never knew, till we got home, whether I had actually captured the sun or not ;)

SonnenuntergangbeiHassendorf_wsz.jpg

Core, I'll take a new one just as soon as we have a sunrise around here. It's been raining so much I'm not really sure what sunshine is.

That's cool...I just wanted to remind everyone that the whole idea of assignments is to get out and shoot something new...I didn't have a problem with posting an occasional old one, but when it seems the whole thread is old ones, then they should probably be posted in the sunset theme.

Carry on! :) Lets see some SUNSETS! :) I'm actually not working during the time the sun is setting this weekend...maybe I'll be able to get one! Haha.

yap... but it's been raining here for 3 days :(

Not too promising weather today, either, but it's only 4 in the afternoon... by the time I expect the sun to set (in about five hours from now) I'll see what I can do ;). I certainly am having this theme in mind!!

For the meantime and all your consolation, and so this thread will be mostly photos and not mostly comments, a couple poorer sunset photos (in so far as they hardly meet anybody's expectations of what a "real sunset" must look like) taken on 4 May, i.e. a month ago:

Wmmewiesen3_websize.jpg

WieseAnBahn1_websize.jpg

Less a sunset photo in itself but rather the effect of the setting sun on things that get illuminated by it:

AnDerBahn4_websize.jpg

And one that also wanted to be tweaked and twisted as much as my limited programme would allow because of the haziness of the sunsets we're having these days. The clear, clean ones are hard to come by, as it seems:

Wmmewiesen6_websize.jpg

But like I said before: I'll do what I can, again tonight :D.

I agree this should make us get out and take some photos rather than just archive pics. But that said, it's great seeing these gorgeous photos!
Here's one of the MANY sunset pics I took while on holidays these past few days. I'm gonna post a bunch more in the gallery soon.

PICT4921.jpg

Yes, Meysha, you did the best one can do when the "Challenge of the Week" is "Sunsets": you went to the seaside! Very wise.

Those of us who have to stay inland thought... and have nothing but rain clouds...

At 8 tonight I still thought there might be hope...

4-Juni_Schauerwetter1.jpg

4-Juni_Schauerwetter5.jpg

...but by 9 or 10, when the sun really begins to set, there were only clouds :(.

But Corry, you see that I am taking up the challenge, don't you?
I am a good girl
10.gif
!
2.gif

Wow you get sun rays!! We never get them. I love em. And how come your grass is so greeeeeeen. :shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back