Assignment '08- Flags - Due Whenever

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This may well be the last assignment of '08.

Let's see some creative flag pictures. I've been driving around looking for flags to take pictures of. We don't have many in public places in my small town so I look forward to finding some good pics in Chicago next week. Meanwhile, here's my submissions.

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2080-2.jpg

Last edited:
Took this photo of the giant flag on Mexico City's main square. Used a film camera so I scanned the print.

They looove their giant flags down there!

mexico4.jpg

I was trying to get a shot of the flag with the sun shining through but I couldn't pull it off... the flag was moving too quickly and I get getting white-out pics because the sun was shining directly in my lens...

Flags at half mast always give me chills... I also get them when I see aircraft flying in the missing man formation.

What is the missing man formation?
Great shots everyone. Now I am going to have to look for some flags to photograph.

What is the missing man formation?
Great shots everyone. Now I am going to have to look for some flags to photograph.
It's a formation used in ceremonies. It's when planes fly with one aircraft missing from the formation. It signifies the loss of a fellow airman/soldier.

040609-F-3050V-187.jpg

Oh wow.. Talk about giving you chills!

My two favorite sailors in front of the flag at The Museum of Science & Industry.
2947283148_6349e683aa.jpg

I'm new to this stuff, just bought my first nice camera in July '08, D300, and I love it!! This seems like a great site. When I can figure out how to add my pics I'll Start sending some.

Most reactions

Back