Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since Amanda seems to be AWOL, I thought I'd post one up..

This weeks assignment is "high key". So...let's see whatcha got! Hopefully Amanda will be back by next monday! :)

Hmmm...searching for a decent definition...

High-key Photo
Photo whose most important details appear in the highlights

High key subjects concentrate on the lighter tones, using subject matter that is white or pale tones, and using flat overall lighting to avoid shadows.

High key is often used to portray a delicate or feminine intention. Most high key pictures contain small areas of dark tones - for example in the iris of the eyes in a portrait; without a small dark or black area high key effects can appear too washed out or insipid.

And there was a photo nominated in last months POTM that describes this...I'll find it and link you to it so you can see an example...

A new assignment, yay! A new assignment!
We had to go through all of last week without one!
(Though I forgot to post my "Get Low" pic.... oops! :oops: - must do that NOW, asap!)

(You don't know how long it took me to get behind the meaning of abbreviations and acronyms such as awol, asap, dof, pov, umo, fyi, etc ;) )

LaFoto said:
(You don't know how long it took me to get behind the meaning of abbreviations and acronyms such as awol, dof, pov, umo, fyi, etc ;) )

I still don't know what they mean!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No joke, I really don't.:meh: :er:

SlySniper said:
I still don't know what they mean!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No joke, I really don't.:meh: :er:

AWOL is Absent WithOut Leave....it's a military term.

ASAP= As Soon As Possible

DOF= Depth of Field

Dont' know what umo is

FYI= For Your Information

Now back to the assignment!

Is this high key?[font=&quot]
medium.jpg
[/font]

:mrgreen:

You can't know what "umo" means, :biggrin:, for that is a typo!
Should have been "imo".
"In my opinion" --- and I shall soon try to persuade my daughter into a photo session here, with my given living room lights and see what I can produce...

core_17 said:
Hmmm...in my opinion, not quite. Sorry, I didn't think this would be a hard assignment!

This is a good one!:thumbup:

Really had to plan for this & bracket & play with lighting (simple as it was). Turned into a nice little experiment and has given me some ideas too!

Fortunately we didn't wake my little lad even after re-positioning him and messing with a warm uplighter!:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back