Smew2.jpg

Hooded Merganser:

HoodedMerganser.jpg

Ne Ne:

NeNeOnGrass.jpg

Any comments welcome:
Cheers, Dee

great shots

1. I like the colours, but the head seems a little out of focus. The photo would have been better when you would have taken the picture from a lower point.
  2. The point of view is better, and so is the sharpness. Again, I like the colours! ;)
  3. Quite good, but good have been a little sharper.
  4. Great picture, duck-wise! :)
Overall; the borders a much too heavy for the subject. Looks like a mourning card or something (no offence) but it could benefit from a less heavy border. Try to place the subject a little off centre next time. Especially 1,3 & 5.

see ya,

Roger

Cheers guys, great advice.
I usually do try to shot at a lower level and it does pay off. For these shots I was on a lil bridge so could not get very low.

Much appreciated.
Dee

great pictures :)

i tried getting a picture of a swan the other day..... i tried to get as close as i could with a 18-70 lens and ended up getting a bit to close for the swans likeing..... it hissed, and tried to peck me lol
time for a better lens so can keep my distance :D

Good series... some unusual ducks there, nicely captured. 2 and 4 are my faves

So are these the photos you took at the Castle Espie Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust?
They do have some interesting water fowl there! Lovely reflection of the surrounding trees in 2, adds to the nice colours of the duck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back