Astro

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nothing spectacular, just a few astro shots from earlier tonight.

New Moon, this is the youngest moon I have ever spotted let alone photographed.
newmoonweb4xe.jpg

A couple of galaxies in the constellation Leo. This is the first time I have managed to capture an image of a galaxy. Im going to try to get a better image in the next few days, but this isn't bad for a first try.

12X30sec exposures at ISO 800
leo4da.jpg

A very small looking Jupiter and four of it's moons. I have been thinking about getting a teleconverter to get in closer on planetary shots. They could easily handle the magnification.

jupiter6he.jpg

thanks for looking =)

pursuer said:
Nothing spectacular, just a few astro shots from earlier tonight.

I love your astro shots. They always send me into a big deep and meaningful thinkfest about how little we really are here on earth and how much more there is out there! Your picture of the moon is great, I don't think I've ever seen a moon pic like that.

...A very small looking Jupiter and four of it's moons. I have been thinking about getting a teleconverter to get in closer on planetary shots. They could easily handle the magnification.
Please, go out now and buy the teleconverter! I don't mean your photo is bad - I think it's amazing that we're able to photograph these planets at all. But I wanna see it closer.
BTW what are the bands on Jupiter??

I always wanted to take some astro shots but my gear is not approperiet to take some :) but yours are great, especially Jupiter

Thanks guys,
Meysha the bands are caused by high winds, around 400Mph, moving in opposite directions. The color difference is caused by slight variations in tempature and chemical composition. Jupiter is riddeled with dark and light bands of different sizes, the dark being called belts and the light called zones. To my knowledge the exact process wich drives the bands is not understood but similar bands have recently been discovered in earth's ocean currents, hopefully this will help shed some light on the phenomenon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back