Astrophotos

Robshoots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was cleaning up some files on my computer and ran across these astrophotos from last year. The first two were taken with a Canon on a 20-in RC. For the third and fourth I don't remember the camera, but the telescope was a Takahashi Epsilon 180mm astrograph. #3, I think, was shot in Hydrogen-alpha.

Globular Cluster M3
M3 s.jpeg

Whirlpool Galaxy M51
M51 s.jpeg

Area around Sadr (the bright star) in Cygnus.
Sadr s.jpeg

Markarian's Chain -- Galaxies in the Virgo Cluster
The Eyes s.jpeg

Nice set! I tried to get some shots from my back yard, but even with a night sky filter, it was a no go. Will have to head out and do some camping in the Wichita Mountains to get a starry sky.

Nice set! I tried to get some shots from my back yard, but even with a night sky filter, it was a no go. Will have to head out and do some camping in the Wichita Mountains to get a starry sky.
Thank you much. I have thought about getting a tracker for my camera, so I can get some longer exposure night-sky shots without the star trailing. But there's nothing like a dark sky.

I'm always fascinated by the cosmos. Cheers for them.

Thanks. Me too. The things that are out there are just mind boggling.
Mind you, these days there's more than enough to contend with here on terra firma without worrying about what's 'out there.'😁

Nice set we rarely see many stars where I live......

Mind you, these days there's more than enough to contend with here on terra firma without worrying about what's 'out there.'😁
That’s the truth! But the nice part is you don’t have to worry about it. You can just enjoy the view and be amazed, a bit of celestial sightseeing.

Inspiring photos. I love astro shots. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions