At Home DIY Studio and Lighting

Nurd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't really know where to post this and I don't know if it's already been asked, but can some of you share some at home- do it yourself studio set ups. I remember a post where someone talked about making a soft box out of card board. Things like that. Unless there is a link to it. Another example, people using bed sheets as backdrops. Just simple stuff like that. Would like to see what everyone comes up with.

I personally....

USe huge pieces of material that i brought from the "rag market". Don't know if you have those over there, but they're great places to pick up large amounts of cheap material in pretty much every colour and pattern.
I just iron parts of it that will be in shot :)

For soft boxes and diffusers I use anything I can find around the house.

From sticking piles of paper towel over the flash to making cones from newspaper and maybe covering the end or shaping it to get a snoot effect.

Alot of things are easy to duplicate.

Tin foil wrapped around a piece of cardboard makes a good, but strong reflector. So wrap a thin piece of white material over the top of the foil :)

HAHA thats just what I was looking for lol thanks :hugs:

Big Mike said:
Check out THIS site

Beat me to it!!

I plan to build the backdrop/light stand here soon.
I will let ya all know how it works out.

Big Mike said:
Check out THIS site

This is as far as I read ( of Part 1) in that article before my A.D.D. kicked in...

home_made_flash_sche.jpg

All I can say is, FU*CK THAT!! I'll gladly pay through the nose for lighting equipment...let somebody else burn down THEIR house!! Hell, I hold my breath everytime I plug in our Christmas trees.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back