At last...

jeph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I just want to scream it from the highest hill top!!! A photo that I took was published in a major local full-glossy-$5-at-the-grocery-store magazine. San Diego Magazine a few months ago asked if they could submit some of my photos for inclusion in the May issue. Went to the store and there is was, my photo in print. Small day for some huge day for me!!!:mrgreen: Thats all, thanks for listening. Here is the pic:

DSC_1842.jpg

Coo, coo, La Rue! :thumbup:

Did they pay you to use it? Editorial use doesn't pay all that much, but still.

Did they give you a tear sheet for your portfolio use?

I don't see an image credit. Is there one somewhere else inside the magazine?

I see the magazine is owned by CurtCo Media.

CurtCo Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like they have pretty deep pockets.

Curtco media - Bing

I work at a motorcycle shop here is SD and they found it through my marketing guy. They were doing an article about motorcross and asked if we had any great pictures. The guy in the picture is my service manager.

I didn't get paid but... I'm ok with that. There is a credit, its real small and hard to see but its right in the spine below the word hiking. I should email them for a tear sheet.

WOO HOO!

So I got my tear sheet and the art director has asked me if I have an online portfolio! Now I am freaking out. I have a Flickr that I don't really keep up with. Is that acceptable? Or do I need one of these really sexy webpages that everyone seems to have? Or is it really nothing and she is just being nice? What to do, what to do.

"What to do, what to do?"

Stop giving away images is what to do, there are people trying to make a living from these magazines but if they can get everything for nothing from flicker or FB guess who feels the pinch. H

"What to do, what to do?"

Stop giving away images is what to do, there are people trying to make a living from these magazines but if they can get everything for nothing from flicker or FB guess who feels the pinch. H

Wow, well I don't think that my idea included giving away free images. I guess maybe I am the only one that dreams of making some scratch maybe just to offset the gear. I feel like I have just got my foot in the door and am excited. I guess I will take MY cake and eat it somewhere else. Sorry. J

You misunderstand, make cash for your pastime, just don't let these mags have them for free, do they give these mags away, no, its business, they sell to numerous punters like yourself, there are guidelines for prices of journalistic and editorial photographs, so if they want more, give them a price, negotiate. H

Most reactions

Back