33333.jpg

55555.jpg

66666.jpg

44444.jpg

1.jpg

22222.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try and give some critique. Number them next time pls :p

1) Horizon looks crooked - easy fix - but the horizon is also very centered, which is usually an undesirable composition. The blown sky just above the horizon is a little bit distracting and the clouds above look noisy.

2) I really like this shot for some reason. It's warm and has personality I think. I'd also level the water-line on this one (on the top)

3) Maybe too much sky here - something seems 'off' compositionally... but I LOVE the foreground element (giant driftwood). Maybe editing the RAW file so the sky isn't so blown in areas.. if you can. Try leaning on the 'recovery' slider a little bit.

4) Pretty nice. Blown sky is not really an issue on this one, think it works as is - maybe because it cuts a nice diagonal line mimicking the shoreline.

5) Pretty solid photo. Not the best of the bunch but it's technically 'right' I think.

6) Really like the colors, DOF... not liking the tilt, guessing it was unintentional. Another one to level off. I fear that straightening this and cropping down might cut too much of the photo off :(

Overall I like them, hope I wasn't too harsh or anything. If you go out there again, get some long exposures on a tripod :)

These are great! by far the best I've seen from you (IMO of course).
My only advice is to get a tripod, because they're all tilted way off.

Ooh & number three at first glance looks like a dead mermaid or something :p

I absolutely love being constructive criticism, I want to improve my work and suggestions are appreciated!
Thank you for taking the time!

I straightened up the last on and will play around with your other suggestions tomorrow!

22222a.jpg

Still not straight... here look:

DB4S0.jpg

I use the grid in photoshop as a reference. Press ( ctrl + ' ) control and the apostrophe.

I straightened it for you and added a 2 pixel border.

Eu5db.jpg

EDIT: damn that's a beautiful image... I wish I'd shot this.

Does anyone know how to adjust the grid size in gimp,
for me it's so small that I can't see the picture anymore,
To find if I'm getting the horizon straight.

Still not straight... here look:

DB4S0.jpg

I use the grid in photoshop as a reference. Press ( ctrl + ' ) control and the apostrophe.

I straightened it for you and added a 2 pixel border.

Eu5db.jpg

EDIT: damn that's a beautiful image... I wish I'd shot this.

GREAT shot! My fav out of the bunch. Love the colors and DOF!:thumbup:

Edit: the straighten image looks 10x better

2 and 6 are definately my favorites!

Most reactions

Back