At the Light of Dusk

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CRW2.jpg

I like this, it's all about light and shape....noisy/grainy yes but a good range of tones I think.

Thank you for your kind response, Roger.

You indicate that you think you like the image in spite of the "noisy/grainy" appearance. In this new, young world of digital imagery, I believe that smoothness (and sharpness) is often overrated. As much as I appreciate and enjoy the modern aesthetic that is advanced in photography today, maybe a little exposure to grain (not "noise" - this was taken with an emulsion base that included silver halide) is a good thing. The grain here was enhanced to the annoyance of many and to the enjoyment of those few...

Tuna

Tuna it seems I have expressed myself poorly lol, I was pre-empting comments about the grain. I like the image very much and can see the grain being enhanced as an addition to the tone of the image.

In my humble opinion without grain this image would be not so interesting

No, you're wrong! It IS very interesting without the grain.

That is my Humble Opinion.

Tuna

I like this photo very much :thumbup:

I think the composition is well worked and the grain enhances it further. :)

Can I ask, what settings did you use to shoot this? Did you do any P'shopping to it afterwards?

No, you're wrong! It IS very interesting without the grain.

That is my Humble Opinion.

Tuna

OK, maybe it's not.

That is another Humble Opinion from me.

Tuna

I like this photo very much :thumbup:

I think the composition is well worked and the grain enhances it further. :)

Can I ask, what settings did you use to shoot this? Did you do any P'shopping to it afterwards?

George, this is the scene I see every day when I turn away from my computer at home. It was shot wide open on Tri-X using a Voigtlander 35/1.7 Ultron (so 1.7). Yes, I used Photoshop to enhance the existing granularity (and possibly add even more grain than was originally there!).

Tuna

I love this shot and the grain - the way the light spills onto the pillows and blankets and gives depth/detail to the wrinkles in the material. I especially love the lines/pattern provided by the blinds, and the way you cropped/composed it so the right side of the pic has the black/white edges of the blind breaking up the edge of the pic itself. I keep coming back to look at this one.
:thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back