At what age is it appropriate

When I worked at Walgreen's, one of my co-workers, Marcia, who had been working there for 24 years, talked to herself CONSTANTLY, and not softly. I've had customers walk up to me in the next aisle and ask "Is that lady in aisle 3 ok?".
Corry... I have gotten bad vibes from Wallgreens for as long as I can remember. I get tense just walking through their doors... I simply cannot comprehend how horrible it must be to work there for 24 years.

There's a woody allen quote about certain activities being "with someone I love". I figure talking to myself guarantees I'll be talking with someone as smart as I am.

If you're old enough to talk, you're old enough to talk to yourself.

My father lived by himself for so long that he got into the habit of talking to himself rather often. Some years ago, I came home and he was talking to himself in the shower. I thought he was talking to another man.

I'm only 17 and I'm really close to talking to myself in public. I've whispered to myself in public a few times, almost loud enough for people to hear. But it's nothing major. I at least talk to myself about stuff that makes sense. That way, if anybody were to hear me, I wouldn't sound all that crazy. :)

Funny I should read this today of all days!
I was out walking today with my sister and sister-in-law (all forty-somethings) and there was this kid behind us, talking softly to himself. He was maybe eight or nine and my SIL remarked that it'S never too early to start talking to yourself...

It's probably never 'appropriate'

Does that stop me?

Oh hell no!

I figure talking to myself guarantees I'll be talking with someone as smart as I am.

:lmao:
Love it!

I don't think I talk to myself outloud, at least I've never caught myself. But I have laughed out loud and something I've told myself in my head. This happens alot when I'm in bed and can't sleep.
I think I'm hilarious (especially when I am my own audience)!!!

If you do something stupid and let the four letter words start flying, does that count as talking to yourself ?

My favorite words are all 4 letters:D :lol:

eats, dive, cats, live, like, news... (etc. etc. etc. until ya go crazy) Them's some four letter words fer ya.

i explained my love of 4 letter words in a way that did not require me to actually TELL what my favorite 4 letter words are:)
but yes eats is a cool word. if you say it over and over it starts to sound funny.
like .. jabs... what a weird word.

If your talking to yourself and you hear another voice answer then I would seek help. If your fighting with yourself and you start swinging.. I would seek help... :)

But my voices have become my best friends, why give 'em up?

When I worked at Walgreen's, one of my co-workers, Marcia, who had been working there for 24 years, talked to herself CONSTANTLY, and not softly. I've had customers walk up to me in the next aisle and ask "Is that lady in aisle 3 ok?". :lol:

You guys might think I'm a talker...but Marcia REALLY is...to the point where if there is no one to talk to, she just talks to herself (but she's a SWEET crazy lady, I swear!)....I'm told her husband is the same way. :lol: I bet that's an interesting household to live in!

People might think you're a talker corry? Surely not! :lmao:

I noticed you're a STALKER though with that camera of yours!!! :lol:

Most reactions

Back