Attempt at a couple night shots.. C&C please

myko5

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got out to take a few pictures last night of an anchor and a fighter jet off of a Navy Aircraft Carrier. I like it because the lights they put on it for the holidays. Its a good thing I finally got out to do it last night because they took the lights down today. Anyways, I shot in RAW and these are what I processed. So if you C&C, it might just be my PP that is at fault, not the image capture itself. Both shots were with my 18-55 lens.
Thanks

anchor.jpg

jet.jpg

I got out to take a few pictures last night of an anchor and a fighter jet off of a Navy Aircraft Carrier. I like it because the lights they put on it for the holidays. Its a good thing I finally got out to do it last night because they took the lights down today. Anyways, I shot in RAW and these are what I processed. So if you C&C, it might just be my PP that is at fault, not the image capture itself. Both shots were with my 18-55 lens.
Thanks

No...it's definitely the capture.

The composition is very weak in both pictures....they're snapshots. Lots of distracting elements in both the background and the foreground. I'm guessing that both scenes looked impressive in person and you wanted to document that feeling. Using a camera to capture that impression is not easy. You need to experiment with framing and perspective to make the image more powerful. Motion blur is apparent, especially in the second picture. Get a tripod. IMHO, these issues need to be addressed before PP.

Now, all that said, don't be too discouraged. Look at LOTS of photos taken by others. Read other C&C threads on here. Evaluate your own work with honesty and learn to self-critique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back