Attempt at capturing a waterfall

BiggDirty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Just joined up on the forum and was looking for constructive critism of the photo below. I have another photo without myself fishing it it, not sure what one works better. This was my first real attempt using longer shutter speeds with moving water.
Anyways let me know what you think! Thanks.

An October shower | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I like you being in the shot because it let's me know what scale we're dealing with. I don't much care for the boulder at the bottom, it feels like it's in the way. Also, the image looks a bit noisy. Overall, I think it's a good shot.

Last edited:
Thanks Bazooka, I agree with you on the whole noise thing. There was a ton of mist coming off of the waterfall, so I'm not sure if that contributed to the noise? I'll have to check what the ISO was of this photo when I get home but I think it was around 100?

That is a fantastic waterfall. One complaint is that the rock is the foreground is so distracting. Should have moved up a bit to eliminate that, or tried to get a higher view over it. I do like you in the photo though, it adds an almost emotional element or even a "struggle".

that is a really nice shot I really like the fisherman at the bottom of the falls

you did a great job for the first try,:)

What if you had taken it from a bit to the left and closer? That might eliminate the rock, and I think I personally would have liked the angle better. I like that you/your friend are/is in the picture. Its much more interesting that way.

Thanks for the comments guys, very helpful. I was looking through some of the other pics I took and I have a similar photo with another friend in it. The rock is still in the foreground however not as central as it is in the above picture. However the one thing I don't know about this one, is that it is kind of hard to tell that he is fishing with the longer exposure combined with the action of casting the rod. ANyways let me know which one you guys prefer.

Facing The Beast | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back