Attempted Camera Theft?

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has this ever happened to anyone- I went to Boston with my family, and I had my camera strap around my neck with my 70-300 mounted, and I was getting some great pictures and just having a good time in the New England Aquarium area. Well, I looked down and one side of my strap was loose from the hook on the camera. I don't see how this could happen on its own, because it's got the buckle that you have to weave it through, and it's got the slider, also that just holds the two pieces of strap together. It's never come off before or since, but my strap was dragging on the ground before I noticed... Does anyone think it could have just come loose?

When I first got my 70-200mm f2.8 I put the neckstrap my camera - since I was now using a heavy lens. And I did let it rest a few times. Then at one point I looked down and BOTH of the straps had come undone and were just hanging on the last threading. That scared me!

Yes it can happen is the answer - and the supplied neckstraps are not that good anyway

But if you're worried, check out the strap that the guy that writes the Flying Fish blog just posted about. It has cables in it that should prevent a slash and grab.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back