auckland day - warning 56K carnage/slow modem massacre

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
these are pics from auckland anniversary day. not in any particular order. sorry i didn't include any 'hotties' in this post as promised earlier ;) some are better than others but any comments would be appreciated :)

skytowerbeams.jpg

birdies.jpg

planes1.jpg

planes2.jpg

planes3.jpg

stickbow.jpg

wharf1.jpg

water-skier.jpg

sailing1.jpg

boats1.jpg

bay.jpg

roadrage.jpg

aw come on, what do u call the last guy if not a hottie?!

the first one, its stunning.
3rd one too touches me.

JET pics!!!! :D love the vapour trails!

My two favorites are the tree with the rainbow, and the skyline with the sun setting. They tell such stories that make them more than just ordinary shots.

Overall the skyline with the sunset is the best in my opinion.

the first one is my favorite (although i think their all pretty good) ... it sets a mood thats very powerful ... the shadows leave u pondering on what kind of mood to present itself ... then it rears its ugly head :D .. great shot .. has a lot of emotion ... can u elaborate on the first picture more? ... what u saw when u shot it? ... what u liked about the atmospere?

Excellent shots. I especially like the first, 3rd and 5th shots the best

Carl.

Mark: I guess you know that first one is a stunning image. Love it, love it, love it!!!

And I like 6 and 7, too....happy to see those rainbow shots again, my friend!!! :D

can u elaborate on the first picture more? ... what u saw when u shot it? ... what u liked about the atmospere?

Hi dew! its actually one of the last shots I took before I had my eye surgery, so i went to my favorite hangout at Bastion Point which overlooks the city - I usually go up there to relax and get away from my computer or just 'escape'.

There was some brilliant 'sunsticks' coming out from the sky and I noticed the there was a bit of a halo over the skytower. I put my camera on telephoto as far as it and i didn't have a tripod. I think I probably used a high shutter speed to try to compensate for any shake, but i don't recall the settings. Anyways, its a personal photo to me, its one of the last scenes I saw before I got me new set of eyeballs :)

aw come on, what do u call the last guy if not a hottie?!

hehehe manda, thats a good mate from windy wellington... and he's single so watch out! He's a journalist and we were going to use that photo for a joke article about nz road rage. He can come up with some great expressions :)

spectacular photos. As everyone said, first photo is stunning. I love the 3rd photo the lights on the plane and everything. The second city photo is also very beautifull to me.

Thanks for sharing.

PS what equipment did you use for these photos? (if there isn't too much to list heh)

PS what equipment did you use for these photos? (if there isn't too much to list heh)

hello Pheanon, my equipment was quite simple, just my canon D10! I did adjust the levels in photoshop and added a touch of saturation for a little extra 'ummph' in the 2nd city pic.

For the aircraft photos, i shot them against the midday sun at a very high shutter speed (2000 i think) so it made the shots look like twilight.

That first one is simply stunning. The rest are nice but not a much punch as the first. Do you like your 10D?

Okay Mark, I can forgive the "no hotties" thing for showing me that first one, which needs to be hanging on my wall!

Great stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back