AUGGHH!! Totally Bummed :(

I actually have an old canon XT for $300 sitting in my stock room that i planned on buying as a back up camera for when i dont feel like dragging around my 5D but i reconsidered when olympus released there inexpensive PEN model. Looks like fun will be had with the little PEN!

Unrelated i guess ... lol

IMO, XTI over XS any day, my friend has xs, and although its slightly easier to use IMO, xti is just better over all, my image quality is a LOT better than his

I have both. The Xs is a newer model than the xti.
IMHO. I would be satisfied with either one, but, I would expect to receive the one I ordered or I would ask for some sort of compensation. Even if that is in the form of a free bag, memory, battery or some such accessory.

I think the xti is built better but xs has Liveview.
SD memory is cheaper than Compact flash but I like the bigger size of the compact memory cards. So it probably really just comes down to which one do you like best?

If you dont mind me asking, what was the price paid for the item? The canon XS is only $449.99 at my store.

I paid $438 for it. That was the "Buy it Now" price on ebay.

Thats not bad for an XTI. I would keep it. The lens supplied with the XS is better because it has improvements to the glass quality and the "IS" can compensate for shake. Personally the 18-55 no matter the model is trash and should be replaced by a tamron 17-50 f2.8. The XTI does not include the 18-55 IS it has the older 18-55 without IS and the glass is ground and coated differant "as per my conversation with canon reps."

Was the manuals and all the cables sealed when the item was recieved? If not it was most likely used/returned or w/e second hand condition. I would ask for compensation for the inconvience and try to get a price adjustmant around $50?

Hope i am helping, it is certainly a sticky situation. My main concern would be if the XTI is "new" .... If not i would prefer the XS.

I enjoy my XTi, kit lens and all, but then I'm a newbie and was just glad to get it for free (thank goodness for generous parents cleaning out their closets).

On a purely technical level, if I recall by the numbers the models are quite similar, minus the DiGiC processor; I'm not sure how much of a qualitative difference the Digic3 offers over the Digic2.

I'm not sure how much of a qualitative difference the Digic3 offers over the Digic2.

I did state the better ISO performance between the two processors. Also the entire functionality of the camera and the way it process's images. More technical then most people look into. I go to trainings for all the mumbo jumbo they come out with.

Send it back or get a partial refund.

I own a silver XS that I bought from Adorama. It was brand new (no refurb) with the 18-55 IS lens and a 75-300 (non IS) zoom lens for $499.00 plus free shipping. They run deals on these every so often. It might be worth the money to shop around.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back