August Photo Challenge - "Still Life"

thebeginning said:
just remember that you might not get as many votes if your photo has nothing to do with the topic.

I beg to differ. I have seen on multiple occasions photos that seemed WAY outside the realm of the topic get quite a few votes (well 4 or 5 but when the winner only has 11-20 that is alot). I have also on occasion seen a picture win that is obviously further off of the normal perception of a topic than others that were of the general same quality but a more traditional approach to the given theme.

Honestly (my opinion only) from what I have seen here is that many times the person that proves to be the most creative with interpretation will have a leg up on the others so long as it is decently composed, exposed, and focused (or an intentional deviant of these).

[putsonflamesuitandhidesincorner] :oops:

can you check if i submitted a photo? I dont remember if i submitted it at the beginning of this month or if i even submitted one at all. Please check!

Canon Fan said:
I beg to differ. I have seen on multiple occasions photos that seemed WAY outside the realm of the topic get quite a few votes (well 4 or 5 but when the winner only has 11-20 that is alot). I have also on occasion seen a picture win that is obviously further off of the normal perception of a topic than others that were of the general same quality but a more traditional approach to the given theme.

Honestly (my opinion only) from what I have seen here is that many times the person that proves to be the most creative with interpretation will have a leg up on the others so long as it is decently composed, exposed, and focused (or an intentional deviant of these).

[putsonflamesuitandhidesincorner] :oops:

i agree with what you're saying, but truthfully it really differs from photo to photo, and what i may think of 'off topic' may not be what you are thinking of 'off topic'. I am all for creativity, definitely.

ugh, i was looking forward to doing this one, but i never could find what i was looking for...:(

oh well, it should be interesting to see how people interpret this!

Yep, but if I remember correctly it seems that Twist was moving or something, so that would be my guess as to why it's not up yet :)

i sent my foto but couldn´t find your reply so please tell me if it arrived ^-^
thx a lot

Most reactions

Back