August Wedding (10 pics)

pacereve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kylejordan.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was asked to be the photographer for a wedding in mid August. I was iffy about it because it's a terrible responsibility but this girl insited. So I braved it and tried out my first wedding photography experience.

I look up to those who can handle weddings...man my feet hurt afterwards! :hail: I don't know if I could do another wedding.

Here's a couple shots I have with my at the moment. Let me know your thoughts....again this was my first wedding:blushing:

1. Bride's Maid getting her hair done.
0819wedding10.jpg

2. Ring bearer running down the isle.
0819wedding04.jpg

3. Another Ring Bearer.
0819wedding01.jpg

4. Wedding cake with play-mobile toys on top.
0819wedding03.jpg

5. First Dance. (have lots of these)
0819wedding05.jpg

6. These two dancing while everyone else does the YMCA dance.
0819wedding07.jpg

7. Bride Formal. (Have lots of different ones of these)
0819wedding08.jpg

8. Different kinds of formal pose...
0819wedding09.jpg

9. Bride and her bridemaids.
0819wedding11.jpg

10. Two bridemaids on train tracks. (I love this one for an odd reason)
0819wedding06.jpg

Not too bad for your first wedding, congrats.

Watch your highlights, the last three have blown out areas.

Really good stuff, though I have to say that in #8 the bride actually looks to me to be bored with her new husband.

Thanks. Glad I didn't get 'crap' as a comment ;)

I'm quite depressed on the blown out areas. Darn...or should I say, opps?

In #8 that was a pose. I just had the bride look away from the groom, sort of giving him the "cold shoulder". I was tryinig to make something different and semi artistic.

Nine will be inspiration for my wedding shoot on Saturday, good work!

Good work on your first wedding. Some of the photos are little soft, yet for your first attempt, i think you made up for it with composition. I like the fact that you didn't fall back on the traditional wedding poses which most of us have done our first time out. Nice work.

I used my Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm for most pictures but did use a 300mm for some of the church pictures.

I have lots of the typical formal pictures, mostly because the party wanted them, but I mainly focused on 'different' poses.

Thanks everyone!

I really like the close-up on the little flower boy!
And the last one on the rails is funny and not quite what you usually see.
This being your first wedding to shoot you did really well. I would not even know were to START to get good photos of a wedding!!!

Here's two other shots. Black & White and Spot Colour...

11. The Groom and Groom's men are all into watersking.
DSC_0406_bw.jpg

12. Ring Bearer receives a kiss.
DSC_0199_spot.jpg

I like #10, #11, and #12. I'm a sucker for black-and-white. But watch your highlights, #10 appears to be a little blown out.

Pacereve,

I wouldn't call myself an expert, as I have only done 3 weddings myself, but I have a few comments. I love the composition of these photos. :D

My favorite is #7. I love the angle and everything about the image. :heart:

My only criticism is to watch the little details like the hand placements...In number 9 all the bridesmaids have their hands at their sides except for the second from the right. This picture would be enhanced if all their hands and arms are the same.

Great job, and you're doing the right thing by getting feedback from pros!

Sweet. Thanks for your comments. I'm terrible with the little 'posing' details. Something I need to work on, I just like to shoot the moment. Thanks for pointing the arms bit out though, i'll deffinately watch it for next time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back