Aurora Marie | Sunflowers | Portrait |

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my actual favorite from the shoot--I had to find the key for some editing software, but I finally edited it tonight. I'm really happy with the results of this shoot--she loves the flowers, and I think I lit this pretty darn well (I really love these Profoto lights. Like. Really really.)

_RSP6140.NEF-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

That being said, I'm not a portrait pro. I know there are things that I'm missing that could be improved with this shot. So what are they? How can I do better?

Cheers!
Jake

Seems like a lot of post processing in play here.
Any treason why you didn't fix the tan line or the skin over-hanging the top while you were at it?

Seems like a lot of post processing in play here.
Any treason why you didn't fix the tan line or the skin over-hanging the top while you were at it?

There wasn't a lot of post processing, to be honest. And I'm not a fancy schmancy skin processor, so I'm not sure of the best way to remove the tan line.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumps... I could use more feedback! [emoji5]️

I actually like the tan lines. In a world of overly retouched fakeness they give this image a sense of being real. My main critique here is the lighting. Given that she's in a field of sunflowers, the lighting is a bit too dramatic. I'd like this shot better with more fill in the shadows to make her overall look a bit more bright and sunny.

Pretty girl but her arm looks awfully thick in the photo...maybe a posing issue.

Pretty girl but her arm looks awfully thick in the photo...maybe a posing issue.

You think so..? Seems awfully critical of her. I'm more looking for feedback on the lighting and such, rather than her "large arm."

Cheers!
Jake

I actually like the tan lines. In a world of overly retouched fakeness they give this image a sense of being real. My main critique here is the lighting. Given that she's in a field of sunflowers, the lighting is a bit too dramatic. I'd like this shot better with more fill in the shadows to make her overall look a bit more bright and sunny.

I agree. Many have mentioned that this series looks too "dramatic" for the scene. I agree. I don't want you to think that's unintentional, though. I shot them dramatically, simply because I wanted to see just how much control I had with the new Profoto lights. In retrospect, I should have focused more on the whole scene rather than the lights ability.... But alas.

Jake

Most reactions

Back