Aussie Snakes

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought some here would like to see some of our aussie snakes (including the deadliest in the world (taipan).

We went to a pet expo last weekend and there were these guys there who freehandle venomous snakes (stage show) - you could also hold a python or baby croc. Here are a few pics I took.

Woma Pythons
pythons2.jpg

*I held one of these ones (they were sitting around a girls neck in this pic)

Deadly Aussie Snakes

Red-Bellied Black Snake
blacksnake.jpg

Tiger Snake
tigersnake.jpg

Brown Snake
brownsnake2.jpg

Copperheads - Showing the different variations in colour
copperhead2.jpg

Taipans (2 different types) (most venomous snake in Aus and I believe the yellowish colour one is the most deadly in the world)
taipans.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Edited to add: If you look up the most venomous snakes in the world - they are actually all in Aus

Last edited:
Very cool. The first two are amazing!

Mentioned before also they had baby crocs you could hold - here's one being held by my boyfriend (yes rubber band round its nose to stop it bitting (lots of kids there holding them))

croc1.jpg

Great shots! The Woma Pythons look so cool.

What'd they taste like? :shock:

These are amazing. The handler sure is brave to handle those Taipans.
Richard

These are amazing. The handler sure is brave to handle those Taipans.
Richard

Yeah i agree i mean hes holding those taipan's loosely - i spose loosely woulnt make them as agro?

The guy did say the temp was a little cool which did make them more sluggish - though then again he said that in regard to the black not that taipans

Last edited:
I will when I head down to Australia in a year. :D

Nice shots :thumbup:

Thanks and hope you'll like your visit down here:)

You're probably only likely to see them if you're in the bush or outer suburbs of the cities- where I am we get copperheads and tigers mainly - I thought we got browns also here but according to the guy doing the show we dont get them this far south but hmmm I'm sure I've seen news items about browns down here...

My cats brought a copperhead inside once where I used to live - thought it was dead and pushed it into a bucket with a thong (as in the footwear) - it wasnt dead as I discovered when a coil turned over :O

Last edited:
Great shots those people are just crazy holding those snakes, Its a dream of mine to visit Australia and photograph all the snakes i possibly can, I would like to go up towards the Cape York Penninsula and not leave till I find a aussie Green tree python (Morelia viridis) keep the aussie snake pics comming or if you have any pics of the Thorny Devil post em, that is easily my most favorite herp ever.

Great shots those people are just crazy holding those snakes, Its a dream of mine to visit Australia and photograph all the snakes i possibly can, I would like to go up towards the Cape York Penninsula and not leave till I find a aussie Green tree python (Morelia viridis) keep the aussie snake pics comming or if you have any pics of the Thorny Devil post em, that is easily my most favorite herp ever.

Thanks, hope you get the chance to come out here - I'd one day like to get up nth also (probably more for the scenery than the snakes lol) :) I haven't of the Thorny Devil sorry - those I think are more north than here - One othere snake shot I do have (though isnt real great) is the Death Adder - his head was moving a bit as I took it I think.

deathadder.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back