meynard2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_DSF7319.jpg

Any CC is welcomed.

Very nice pic, I used to live about two miles from there. I can't make out, is that South Lamar or Congress St. Bridge? (I'm guessing S. Lamar) Had some good times on Congress St. Bridge at the Bat Festival one year (forget the year), got to see Johnny Winters play on the north end of the bridge one night there some time before he died. RIP Johnny.

Last edited:
Nice one! Only think I'd have changed is the building on the right, I may have left that out and caught more of the bridge & sunset..

Nice. I'd reduce the exposure a little--that will make the colors richer, especially on the water. I"d also crop out the leaning tower on the right and make the photo less about the buildings and more about the color in the sky and water.

Agreed with @JoeW - nice capture, and I did a quick re-edit I did that reflects some of that. I reduced highlights and used the dehaze tool to bring out the colors a bit more, raised shadows to show a bit more shadow detail, and bumped up vibrance a little to show off the nice colors. For architectural or skyline photos, I also like to use the guided transform tool to straighten vertical lines, and then cropped a little tighter to get rid of the half-building leaning on the right.

_DSF7319-edit.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pic, I used to live about two miles from there. I can't make out, is that South Lamar or Congress St. Bridge? (I'm guessing S. Lamar) Had some good times on Congress St. Bridge at the Bat Festival one year (forget the year), got to see Johnny Winters play on the north end of the bridge one night there some time before he died. RIP Johnny.
It's the bat bridge except that it's the one side where no one goes due to there being no bats, I usually don't enjoy going to Austin due to Traffic but that day it was different. I did get impressed on what Austin had to Offer besides the Homeless and mental ill.

Nice one! Only think I'd have changed is the building on the right, I may have left that out and caught more of the bridge & sunset..
Will have to try that next time, maybe wait a couple more mins for a deeper burning orange.

Nice. I'd reduce the exposure a little--that will make the colors richer, especially on the water. I"d also crop out the leaning tower on the right and make the photo less about the buildings and more about the color in the sky and water.
I'll have to try that

It's the bat bridge except that it's the one side where no one goes due to there being no bats, I usually don't enjoy going to Austin due to Traffic but that day it was different. I did get impressed on what Austin had to Offer besides the Homeless and mental ill.

I see, you don't live there but so it is the Congress St. Bridge after all. Agreed on the traffic, it totally sucks. It's a shame what has become of Austin. It used to be way less crowded and a wonderful, unique city, unlike any other but the rush to make it another Silicon Valley has turned what was once a cool, old, laid back, hippy town into the giant, "Lazy H" ranch ("H" for haven) for the homeless that only want to work at stop lights by day and party at night.

Most reactions

Back