Australian Bottle Tree

marcuspeddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken in Rockhampton, Australia last summer (their winter). Although you can't tell from this photograph, the trunk is really shaped like a bottle.
Nikon D70 with kit lens.

Hmmm. Could it be a bit underexposed, maybe?
The tree is definitely your subject, you mean to show "the world" an Australian Bottle Tree, and yet the tree has lost all its detail and you need to explain that the stem is shaped like a bottle.
From what I see, not even the sky has any part where highlights are on the brink of getting blown, so I guess there is more here than meets the eye right now, maybe?
Is it a RAW-file you have? You could up exposure there. (Or even create a tone-mapped pic out of differently saved RAW-files, maybe?)

OR - of course - you MEANT for this to be so dark?
If that is the case, then just don't mind that I said what I said.

Thank you for commenting on my photograph. Yes, I meant for it to be this dark and I didn't want any detail in the tree at all. The sky and the shape of the tree are the most interesting parts of the photograph. I wasn't interested in showing the shape of the bottle tree; I simply added that information in case anyone was wondering.
I had this printed today and it looks good. In my mind, a photograph is never really finished until it's printed. And, of course, you never see all your mistakes until you've printed at 8x10. :)

Most reactions

Back