Australian Open 2012 CC on PP.

mcleish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
I posted some of these a while ago just after the Australian Open had past, but I've been playing them in Lightroom 4 and wondered how I'm doing. I apologise for the amount of photos but i didn't know which to pick... I have 100s.

Monfils_4 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Monfils_3-Edit by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Delpotro_29 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Delpotro_21 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Delpotro_19 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Berdych_2 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Berdych_2-2 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

8. Played around in Silver Efex Pro 2.

Berdych_2-Edit by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and any comments are appreciated.

great series.. 5&8 are my favorite..

Do you mind sharing where did you get the frame in the last photo?

I got the frame in silver efex pro 2. I'm still new to the program but so far I like what it has to offer.
Thanks for the kind words.

Congratulations, I like the series a lot!

While I fully agree that the expressions on the players' faces are extremely interesting, I'll report a comment I got on this forum about some photos I had taken at a Half Marathon: did you also take any full-body picture? It would be cool to see the athletic gesture as a whole.

Bye bye!

Very nice.

Great faces. I would like to see how the images feel with the ball in the shot. Would it create a relationship in the image?

I know it's funny cause we all know what is going on, but for some reason I think that the ball could be the cherry on top.

That being said, I know how tough it would be to get it in the image. I would suggest, just for yourself, that you take an image and add a ball in with photoshop. Just roughly throw one in there, just to see. Put the two images, one with and the other without, side by side and see how each one feels. Ask a couple of questions:
  • Is the ball distracting?
  • Does it help the feeling of the shot, or detract from it?
  • How does the image feel when the ball is in the players sightline, or out of it?
  • Does this tell a better story?
Let me know if this is helpful.

@ZapTex - Yeah personally i liked getting as close as i could to the players faces to see the expressions, but i understand what your saying. Below I've posted a couple of shots i got of the whole action.

@ChristianGrattan - I managed to get the ball in photo no.1, but it wasn't easy. I was aiming to get the ball in most of the photos, and i did in most of them. I guess the images i posted didn't show a great example of this. I was just trying my luck with post processing and wondering what people thought of it. Thanks for the comments though and below I've posted a couple of shots with the ball in play. I don't particularly like to photoshop elements into a photo if it wasn't there originally, as i feel its kind of cheating and takes the fun out if it. Thank you for your input and ill take your comments on board for future shots.

DSC_2352 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_2039 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_2012 by mcleishlad, on Flickr

DSC_1896-Edit by mcleishlad, on Flickr

Also id like to comment.... photo number 6. definitely needs a tennis ball in that shot. Like you said (ChristianGrattan), it would have been the cherry on top! Damn it!

I got the frame in silver efex pro 2. I'm still new to the program but so far I like what it has to offer.
Thanks for the kind words.

Thank you too for sharing nice photos and information

Most reactions

Back