Australian Parlament House

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This place has some really nice architecture but it's an absolute bastard to photograph without a tripod. This is all i could manage unfortunatly. The batteries in the camera also died because of my use of the flash but i'll be better prepared next year.

1.jpg

Makes me feel a bit patriotic. I also took one without the building in the way but this one is much nicer.

2.jpg

Inside, nasty flash on the elevator unfortunatly.

3.jpg

The waterfall for the centre room.

4.jpg

The ceiling of the centre room.

5.jpg

This is the centre room itself. There are good reasons for the waterfall and the ceiling to be where and the way they are. The room is architectually designed so the all sound is absorbed by each floor, and none is reflected from the roof. Also any sound that is reflected is then dampened by the waterfall. The mertis of this is that someone who is speaking downstairs can't be heard upstairs and visa versa, unless they shout directly at each other. It's really impressive the way the architecture works like this.

6.jpg

Finally the roof of the Senate seemed rather spectacular, if only it wern't for thoes hanging speakers.

i like the first one, but the fragment of that building distract me a bit here....i dont know...maybe its because the line ends to close to the right top corner? im not sure , but i think that a different crop would be a good idea (?)
-:)

i see what you mean, however the other picture i took with no fragment just seemed a little boring. Just a flag on 4 stands.

Most reactions

Back