Auto-blend layers extremely slow in CS6?

phnoob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have found that doing auto-align layers and then auto-blend layers provides the best results for focus stacking in Photoshop. I did this a lot in CS5, but I recently purchased an Adobe Cloud subscription to CS6 and I've discovered that auto-blend layers is incredibly slow compared to in CS5. What took maybe 20 seconds in CS5 takes about 6 minutes in CS6, which is an obvious problem when I need to stack a lot of images.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Both programs reside on your computer. Have you made any hardware changes?
Are you using a 32 bit computer or a 64 bit computer?

CS 6 does quite a few things differently (math algorithm wise) than CS 5 did.

Unfortunately I don't have CS5 on my computer. I used to use it on another machine, then I installed the CS5 trial on my computer and used it tons during the trial period. I'm not sure, but I think I had the CS6 standalone trial on my computer too at one point and auto-blend worked, but I subscribed to adobe cloud a little while back and as I mentioned auto-blend takes an extremely long time, so much so that it's essentially rendered unusable.. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue as well.

My computer has a 64-bit i7-3770K, 16GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, and an SSD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back