Auto Exposure Bracketing/HDR

FDSA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been wanting to try an HDR for a while and was wondering if using the auto bracketing option on my camera would work.

I would like to retake and fix this picture trying to get the foreground lighter and the sky less blown out. is this a good idea and is it possible to do HDR's with photoshop CS2?

zzzzzzzzz-4.jpg

I don't use CS2 so i'm not sure about it's exposure blending features...

most people tend to use photomatix for hdr.... download it and check it out....

bracketing will definatly help your reshoot... and of course... a tripod and the absense of wind......

Using Auto-Bracketing is the best way (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to do HDR; but make sure you use a tripod if you can, else you'll have variance in the bracketed shots. You need them to be as identical as possible.

Thanks for the quick replies. i would use a tripod and a timer on the camera to avoid shake, wind is another problem i'll need to deal with. is there a way to do more than three exposures automatically?

Thanks for the quick replies. i would use a tripod and a timer on the camera to avoid shake, wind is another problem i'll need to deal with. is there a way to do more than three exposures automatically?

You will have to refer to your user manual for the answer to that. Mine is only 3

To get a really good HDR you want the exposure to be very far apart (like -2EV, 0EV, +2EV) and some people go even further than that...

You can do Merge to HDR in CS2 (File > Automate > Merge to HDR) and if the camera moves the frame a tad, no big deal it can correct it without messing your HDR up.

**Edit: Another cool feature that many do not know about with AEB, when your camera is set to "M" it adjusts the exposure by shutter speed OR aperture!

Depends of the camera. Some can make 5 bracketed photos. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back