autocad 2017 dwg file

theman48

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I opened my AutoCAD several days ago, it showed - Drawing file is not valid. I opened one of other files on my computer, it correctly opened. I tried to open Autocad file in another version of program, but error appeared again. If someone knows tool for repair dwg file?

Rename the .bak file to a .dwg and hope it was recent if the file recovery manager didn't work. AutoCAD automatically backs up your drawing to the same location as the .dwg file you saved. If you deleted the .bak file you can try and restore a previous version either by rolling back the copy (if it's enabled) other than that I've just drawn it again as it's probably quicker.

Thanks for your tips guys, but this trick with .bak file might be effective.

I opened my AutoCAD several days ago, it showed - Drawing file is not valid. I opened one of other files on my computer, it correctly opened. I tried to open Autocad file in another version of program, but error appeared again. If someone knows tool for repair dwg file?

To start, you need to try on their own to restore a file with standard AutoCAD tools:
File -> Utilities -> restore / File -> Utilities -> Recover, either by typing in the command line RECOVER / _.RECOVER.

In case one of them like mentioned didn't aid, then you may try software which was developed for complicated cases, it is called DWG Repair Toolbox you may try its demo, it is one of the tools I used, it was effective, only what I needed, probably for you it would the same...

First time, I though it was usual soft, but I tried it, it liked me...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back