Autoexposure lock help.... d90

[Quote deleted per quoted member's request]

There is post a new thread button on the top left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read word for word in the manual how to get the auto-exposure lock working. It would NOT stay on no matter what I tried. The manual says it has to be in P S or A mode (not M, why?). I had spot metering selected, which is what I wanted, held down the shutter release halfway to focus, while holding that I pressed the AE-L/AF-L button to lock it... nothing. AE-L illuminates in the viewfinder WHILE I'm holding the button down, but it doesn't stay there like the manual suggests. It just disappears when I let go of the button.

I managed to get it to stick ONCE, and I don't have a ^(&$#!( clue how I did it.

What else could cause that not to work? This was so unbelievably frustrating. Didn't help that I was working in a pitch black room with a little LED flashlight, trying to get some low light shots.. which are already a challenge enough for me.

Grrr. :banghead:
Check the setting in menu c1 - Shutter Release AE-L

You have 2 choices for AE lock using the rear button, menu f4:
  1. AE lock only - you must keep the button pressed.
  2. AE lock (hold) - Exposure locks when the button is pressed, and remains locked until the button is pressed a second time OR the exposure meter turns off.
You can set the Auto meter-off delay in menu c2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back