Automotive Photography?

I appreciate the tips. As show season comes around again I will pick up a TTL flash, though I will not spend 400 on a 580EX Canon. Yikes! The YN-565ttl I believe works, and works well. Reviews will reveal my choice as I read deeper. With winter (and less traffic downtown) I think I will pick up at least one flash and the Cactus trigger system after Christmas passes. There are quite a few cool alley ways and buildings that would offer dramatic/cool backgrounds.

try to swing an extra cheaper off camera flash to go with it if u can. 1 flash just isnt enough to light up a whole car. or at least i feel its not.

I love rolling shots. There easy and quick

JON_0442.jpg

JON_0005-1.jpg

rollinblckout.jpg

DSC_1234_a_corrected.jpg

JON_0006.jpg

Yes, rolling shots are fun. Finding the cool cars like you pictured is the hardest part! haha

I think I figured out my budget (VERY budget) setup to get started and learn the basics.

I am going to go with:
  • YN-460 for strictly off camera flash
  • YN-465ttl for the ttl ability, though it will be for on and off camera flash
  • RF-602 trigger system, and an extra RX
This should get me started and learning. I'll upgrade as I see it's needed.

Last edited:
Yes, rolling shots are fun. Finding the cool cars like you pictured is the hardest part! haha

well if your interested in car photography i assumed you were into cars and hang out with car guys. Should be easy to find some cool cars.

well if your interested in car photography i assumed you were into cars and hang out with car guys. Should be easy to find some cool cars.

I've got a good bit of friends with show worthy cars, just not 100,000 dollar show worthy cars, haha. Awesome pics, btw. Love the vette and viper photos particularly.

I ended up ordering the 465, 462, RF-601 and an extra RX. I should be ready to go once they get here. At least to begin.

Most reactions

Back