Autumn Oasis

The best is the first. The other shots look flat by comparison, and I find the compositions far too busy. A slower shutter speed would help #1. I'd also look for a more interesting foreground subjec to tie the scene together.

Scuba said:
I wish the exposures were longer to get the water smoother.

I walked and stood on a small rock sticking above the water that could not fit a tri-pod. It hardly fit me lol. So yes, if I could have brought my tri-pod I would have done a longer exposure :)

Rotanimod said:
The best is the first. The other shots look flat by comparison, and I find the compositions far too busy. A slower shutter speed would help #1. I'd also look for a more interesting foreground subjec to tie the scene together.

Thanks for the suggestions ;-)

Scuba said:

I walked and stood on a small rock sticking above the water that could not fit a tri-pod. It hardly fit me lol. So yes, if I could have brought my tri-pod I would have done a longer exposure :)

If your shooting waterfalls you cant be afraid to get wet :)

Scuba said:

You could have stood on the rock and placed the tripod in the water. Not only would the tripod allow the slower shutter for the flowing water the trees and rocks would have been sharper. Now that I think about it the rock you were standing on was probably the foreground object that could have pulled the composition together a little more.

IMO a waterfall or flowing water shot that is not shot at a slow enough shutter to show the movement does not accurately represent the scene properly as the eye can't see the water stopped. That is just my opinion and doesn't have to be yours.

And just so you know, there was no room for the tri-pod to stand and the water was 5 feet deep, minimum. I had to jump and risk falling in, in order to land on the rock.

Thanks for sharing your opinion ;-)

djportalatin said:
And just so you know, there was no room for the tri-pod to stand and the water was 5 feet deep, minimum. I had to jump and risk falling in, in order to land on the rock.

Thanks for sharing your opinion ;-)

Fair enough. Makes sense how you did it then.

Most reactions

Back