D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been editing some older stuff as I've not been able to get out shooting lately which is kinda annoying me a lot!

I liked this shot of a sunset from last October but I couldn't decide on which crop I preferred. C&C is as always welcomed on all aspects, not only the crop...

Kopitoto_Fall.jpg
Kopitoto_Fall_8x10.jpg

I prefer the second one - has more 'depth', almost a 3d look.

But I think the saturation may be a bit over-cooked?

I prefer the second one - has more 'depth', almost a 3d look.

But I think the saturation may be a bit over-cooked?

I also liked the second one, Saturation is always a balancing point for me with sunset shots, It's a personal preference but I think you may be right on this one, Maybe I should switch my PS to a white module instead of black to give a better comparison on how it stands out on such backgrounds.. I'll revisit it :)

Thanks

Reactions: D7K
I like both, but #2 is stronger to me.

Thanks all, I’m also for number two, i also tried to desaturate a little bit found it lost a lot of that sunset glow on the foreground... ideas? Or no issues for others with the saturation?

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

I'll be the odd man out, I like the first better.
I've gotten very accustomed to the 16x9 aspect ratio and, to me , the first one fits that better.

As far as the saturation goes, I think some of that depends on what you were trying to create. If you were trying to capture the moment faithfully, perhaps too much. BUT if you were creating a vivid, exciting image, then not so much.

I'll be the odd man out, I like the first better.
I've gotten very accustomed to the 16x9 aspect ratio and, to me , the first one fits that better.

As far as the saturation goes, I think some of that depends on what you were trying to create. If you were trying to capture the moment faithfully, perhaps too much. BUT if you were creating a vivid, exciting image, then not so much.

That’s usually how I’d do a sunset, I think there’s two different feelings in these two shots. Great to get the feedback from all!

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the more traditional landscape orientation better. The purple mountains in the distance and the town below make it more interesting. The sunset colors are great but the sky lacks interest above the sun and doesn't add to the photo for me.

#1 for sure.

BOTH.

You have two different pictures.

Each photo stands on its own.

Each photo is a different "look" at the same landscape. One is more-expansive and panoramic, the other more-narrow in scope and more-magnified on the sunset aspect.

These are like the two sides on every coin...one coin, an obverse side and a reverse side.

Nicely said Derrel, I’ve kept them both myself and had similar thoughts, I rarely do an 8x10 on sunsets but was nice to try for the first time :)

I agree they both work, but the best may be a compromise. Try cropping in from only the right side only removing about 25-30% of the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back