Autumn's first hint Morning Glories

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I left the house for a walk yesterday morning the temp was all the way down to 17 degrees! We're still in extreme drought conditions but at least no longer roasting. The Mississippi river here is jaw-dropping scary. It ain't half it's normal self.

So here's photos from yesterday's walk. If you're a gardener you'll recognize the two flowers as the most noxious weeds that turn up to strangle everything you planted and nursed along just as harvest time nears. But they are pretty. The last photo is a young mimosa branch.

Joe

morning_glory_rain.jpg

morning_glory_classic.jpg

mimosa_leaves.jpg

I really love the color of the first flower& that leaf is great!
Oddly enough, even my constantly rainy island isn't getting any rain& we managed to get some bioluminescent plankton here in a local river. Amazing!

Number one is by far my favorite! The perspective is just awesome! Well done.

Thanks, appreciate the comments and glad you enjoyed them.

Joe

WOW! Those colors are amazing. Good Job!

I've found that they are very tough plants! I can't get rid of them now that I planted them in my garden 2 years ago. You can put some small branches in your pot for them to climb on.You could also get some bamboo garden stakes and break them down to size to use.

I've found that they are very tough plants! I can't get rid of them now that I planted them in my garden 2 years ago. You can put some small branches in your pot for them to climb on.You could also get some bamboo garden stakes and break them down to size to use.

OMG! Never deliberately plant the bleepin' things. They say there's a species of bamboo that grows so fast you can actually see it move. Morning glories must be next in line. I swear you can turn your back on one and when you turn around it's taken over another 1/2 inch of your tomatoes. They're like a parasitical disease you can never ultimately cure. My wife and I have to devote one day a week to beating them back otherwise the garden will succumb.

Joe

Most reactions

Back