Avi to mpeg conversion for dv video

mky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a video camera panasonic NV GS 37, but it saves the movie on mini dv cassette , so I need a video converter to convert the video and copy it on DVD.
I’m not an expert, and after some exploration I found a software avi mpeg converter rer. Although it can do the conversion, to make it fit a DVD the video quality is low. In Windows Media Player appears an annoying effect, the image of the movie converted with Rer being splitted with horizontal lines making it almost unviewable.
I’m looking for a video editor or converter software similar to Rer (avi to mpeg) but which is able to make the job without quality loss if it is possible.

Quicktime on the Mac copes with .avi files and will convert them to .mpg files. Maybe the Windows version will do the same.
Failing that try looking here.
They should have something.

I just bought a video camera panasonic NV GS 37, but it saves the movie on mini dv cassette , so I need a video converter to convert the video and copy it on DVD.
I’m not an expert, and after some exploration I found a software avi mpeg converter rer. Although it can do the conversion, to make it fit a DVD the video quality is low.
I’m looking for a video editor or converter software similar to Rer (avi to mpeg) but which is able to make the job without quality loss if it is possible.

just wanted to let you know that the camera is very good, their images are very clear. the only inconvenient is this conversion that must be made, however i'm glad that i found this free avi video converter that works pretty fine.

In Windows Media Player appears an annoying effect, the image of the movie converted with Rer being splitted with horizontal lines making it almost unviewable.

and for replacing windows media player free vlc media player is a choice. Almost any video that wmp cannot play and i thought are broken are displayed fine by vlc media player

The best free video converter to use is SUPER:http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER

And to get the best quality from the AVI to an MPEG, make sure to adjust the bitrate to its highest setting (9600k I believe).

By doing this, the file size may be larger, but you will lose very little video quality from the original file.

Most reactions

Back