Awful Fireworks Picture, but Still Amazingly Cool

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was pretty sure this wasn't going to work, but it was so neat I just had to try. My parents live on a mountainside in Portland, Oregon. They have a 1000' high view of about 100 miles in a 180 degree arc from the back of their house. We were there for July 4th... Fireworks are legal in Oregon.

I swear there were probably about 30 consecutively occurring professional fireworks shows interlaced with at least 200 people doing private shows ranging from relatively big bottle rockets to $100 each "SHOWSTOPPA" displays.

It went on for HOURS. It was absolutely incredible. The entire valley was covered in a blanket of smoke. Anyway, I tried a couple shots, here is one that KIND OF shows it, but not really... still, just had to share. Was really neat.

Oregon Trip 2008 - Fireworks - 004 sm.jpg

Wow--- I want to live there!!! :)

That's pretty darn cool---- the full fireworks burst, and I can see the launch of another one in the image....

coool^^

i really like it it..

no comment..

just keep going..

heheh, yeah it was a very neat experience. My two young daughters (6 and 3) were totally floored. My poor three year old eventually passed out in my arms and when I put her to bed she was angry because I had stopped the fireworks. :)

Most reactions

Back