Axer Lens = Scam / Ripoff . Run Quick! Friend Ripped Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amazing how closed minded you ppl can be.

I bought my lens in miami, JBrown's friend bought hers in Orlando & I saw someone else who bought theirs in NY.

If these lenses are being sold all over the US at about the same price then it can't be a "scam" as you say.

When you say close minded, do you mean educated?

You have 2 posts, JBROWN has 26 posts, and you think people are close minded? This just gets weirder and weirder.
Do you know how real life works? We live in the age of the internet, none of these things would be new to a forum dedicated to photography with hundreds of professionals that participate.
Let me guess, this lens is one of the best lenses you've ever owned right?

If these lenses are being sold all over the US at about the same price then it can't be a "scam" as you say.

You have to be playing stupid. No one can be this naive. I refuse to believe it.

Here's a common scam of similar nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam

2 times in 2 different states I was approached by a white van, telling me about this awesome speaker system that was bought but never picked up, and they were looking to unload it for next to nothing. They
showed me this brand name of speakers that I never heard, and showed me a catalog where it was $3500 but they'd give it up for $400. It sounded fishy so I said I wanted to test them out. The guy huffed and puffed and told me he was in a rush. I said never mind then and he slammed the door and thanked me for wasting his time.

I got home and googled the company, and this link is what I found in another forum.

A year later in another state, same thing. White van, extra speaker system same price. I said "let me guess, you have a catalog with you to prove it don't you." The guy smirked stupidly, and I told him to take a hike. If you think that this isn't a scam, because the prices are the same, the term "There's a sucker born every minute" is referring to you.

Edit: I'm all sugared up, so I'm cranky :p

Last edited:
So, apparently, because this is happening all over the country it proves that Axer lenses is a legit enterprise?

A company pops up out of nowhere selling items at a relatively exorbitant price to other items just like it made by reputable manufacturers and some how you are trying to justify the legitamacy based on the fact "it's happening everywhere".

The price of an item must indicate its quality, right? That's called begging the question; using your argument to prove your argument. It doesn't make sense and you're probably defending a real piece of **** because you're bitter about getting ripped of. How does it feel to be this naive?

Your logic is seriously flawed. Lots of scams are conducted nationwide.
With only 2 posts, you are short on credibility. Another hit to your cred is that you dug up a thread that had been dormant for 3 months.

You're not even safe in church - http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/winans-scion-gets-nearly-14-years-in-prison-1737507.story

You know Florida is where organized crime guy's from New York like to hang out when they want to get away from 'work'. Many of those guys start criminal enterprises so the money keeps flowing in even when they are sipping drinks on the beach.

Bernie Madoff ran a nation wide $$$$$$$ 65 BILLION $$$$$$$ scam for almost 20 years.
Concerns about Madoff's business surfaced as early as 1999. His sons turned him in December of 2008.

Many of the people he scammed were pretty smart people.

Last edited:

I bought my lens in miami, JBrown's friend bought hers in Orlando & I saw someone else who bought theirs in NY.

Noooooooooooo... of course not! No Internet "scam-artist" has ever tried to sell their crap in more than location at once.

You have 2 posts, JBROWN has 26 posts, and you think people are close minded? This just gets weirder and weirder.
Do you know how real life works? We live in the age of the internet, none of these things would be new to a forum dedicated to photography with hundreds of professionals that participate.
Of course there's no chance that he could be any way assocated with the rip-off company is there?

You basically exposed your own scam, and will increase the google hits for

KEYWORDS:

AXER
optical
camera
lens
Scam
rip-off
counterfeit
bad
cheap
refund
phony
poor
Price-Bait
Bait and Switch

Being closed-minded is a good thing if it means not listening to some scam-artist trying to steal your money. I always wondered what Cambridge Camera did after being thrown off of Pop Photo for bait-and-switch scams.

Last edited:
Robin is either in denial or associated with Axer. Either way the revival of this thread just puts it higher on the google returns list.

Currently this thread is #1 return when you google Axer lens and hopefully have saved a few people from this scam. Im just afraid if it hurts business to much they will rebrand it and call it something else.

Overall I am pleased that as a community we have helped other photographers avoid this scam.

Of course there's no chance that he could be any way assocated with the rip-off company is there?

What?! Of course not! That's preposterous! ;)

Hey I've got a magnifying glass going cheap....only $1000 bucks.....

I'll have it if it's a Nike lense!

Sold mate, all you need to do is remove the protective glass cover front and screw it on to a 14mm f2.8l and you will have a great wide angle lens ;)

I'll have it if it's a Nike lense!

Sold mate, all you need to do is remove the protective glass cover front and screw it on to a 14mm f2.8l and you will have a great wide angle lens ;)

Sweet!

While your at it do you need a magnifying lens glass stand....? I have one you can have for the (low low price) of 450$....normally 750$ but I am giving you the friends and family discount.

On a serious note, axer lens's ftw....wait. No.
What store in Orlando was this? I want to go visit them next time im there.

Try most of the camera shops on State Road north of Disney World in the Tourist Trap area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back