AZ Sunset

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today we hade just a great sunset many colors in the sky. For some reason lots of magenta in different parts of the sky. I was on my way home from picking up my daughter and stopped by my house to pick up the camera. By the time I got to this location it was already getting dark. I really wish I could have been there 10 min earlier. Anywho...... here is one that I snapped off and went for a dreamy feeling. I have done more on the realistic sharp side and I when I processed this photo I just had to go in this direction. I know some may not like it but, hopefully some of you do.

I used 5 exposures and 4 processed photos out of photomatix. Normal, Vivid, Shadow map and Fussion to get some of the darkness that came on so fast. I then used Auto color in photoshop with a 50% opacity and then created a levels layer and adjusted mid tones and highlights. duplicated layer and used Topaz denoise. I then changed it to 80%. Flattened layer then duplicated layer and used nik color effects glamor glow to give off that dreamy HDR feel. I used a vibrance layer in PS and selective color layer. Flattened and done.

airplane graveyard sky by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

nos33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i like everything but the clouds. if they were not so blurry they would be great

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Nice! Fix the cloud ghosting and you have a winner.

OP
vipgraphx

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to say that I was going after the sky like that for this image as I wanted to give the clouds some movement and draws your eye straight to the sunset.

But just for you folks I did another :thumbup::sexywink:

sky2 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics