AZ Sunset

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today we hade just a great sunset many colors in the sky. For some reason lots of magenta in different parts of the sky. I was on my way home from picking up my daughter and stopped by my house to pick up the camera. By the time I got to this location it was already getting dark. I really wish I could have been there 10 min earlier. Anywho...... here is one that I snapped off and went for a dreamy feeling. I have done more on the realistic sharp side and I when I processed this photo I just had to go in this direction. I know some may not like it but, hopefully some of you do.

I used 5 exposures and 4 processed photos out of photomatix. Normal, Vivid, Shadow map and Fussion to get some of the darkness that came on so fast. I then used Auto color in photoshop with a 50% opacity and then created a levels layer and adjusted mid tones and highlights. duplicated layer and used Topaz denoise. I then changed it to 80%. Flattened layer then duplicated layer and used nik color effects glamor glow to give off that dreamy HDR feel. I used a vibrance layer in PS and selective color layer. Flattened and done.

airplane graveyard sky by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

i like everything but the clouds. if they were not so blurry they would be great

Nice! Fix the cloud ghosting and you have a winner.

Just wanted to say that I was going after the sky like that for this image as I wanted to give the clouds some movement and draws your eye straight to the sunset.

But just for you folks I did another :thumbup::sexywink:

sky2 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back