B&H Photo question

mcdaniel52761

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since live help isn't an option today, I thought some of you might know. Does B&H match prices with other online competitors? Reason I'm asking is I was looking at a D300 and there is a $100 price difference between them and US1Camera. I've ordered from B&H before, but not the latter. Thanks,

Mike

I read the reviews on US1camera on resellerratinngs.com.

My guess is that the positive reviews are being generated by the company itself. There are just too many totally negative reviews for this company to be real.

Save your angst. Buy from a good known retailer.

Spend the extra $100 and buy from a reputable dealer. It is money well spent to save the agravation you will surely experience.

Or better yet, spend the extra $150 to support a mom and pop shop with really helpful people that'll talk to you face to face and answer questions in person if you encounter any (your area may not have one, or they may up the price more than $150)

Since live help isn't an option today, I thought some of you might know. Does B&H match prices with other online competitors? Reason I'm asking is I was looking at a D300 and there is a $100 price difference between them and US1Camera. I've ordered from B&H before, but not the latter. Thanks,

Mike
Most of these online shops like US1 (not including B&H) but the ones that are very under price. Are scams they take a month to ship to you, They break the camera up. so if the battery and charger normally come with the camera they now are sold separate for triple the price. I can't remember which company it was but they had my camera $300 cheaper than everyone else. When I ordered it they told me it's just the body. The charger was 180,the battery was 129,the strap was 40.00,the memory card was 200. To make a long story short my total was 400 more than if I had paid full price from Ritz. Oh then when my order was complete they told me my camera would be here in the next 90 days!! I canceled and bought from Ritz and had my camera the same day with all the goodies for half the price they gave me.

Most of these online shops like US1 (not including B&H) but the ones that are very under price. Are scams they take a month to ship to you, They break the camera up. so if the battery and charger normally come with the camera they now are sold separate for triple the price. I can't remember which company it was but they had my camera $300 cheaper than everyone else. When I ordered it they told me it's just the body. The charger was 180,the battery was 129,the strap was 40.00,the memory card was 200. To make a long story short my total was 400 more than if I had paid full price from Ritz. Oh then when my order was complete they told me my camera would be here in the next 90 days!! I canceled and bought from Ritz and had my camera the same day with all the goodies for half the price they gave me.

Was it the awesome people at Broadway Photo or one of their associates?

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo

With online camera retailers, the old saying is VERY true....If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is !!! < a scam that is > lol

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. On a large ticket item like a D300, i rather save the head-ache and pony up. Try the aforementioned local shop route first. They do need your support specially if you do harass them with endless questions and browsing. :mrgreen: I purchased my 40D body from a local shop and it was actually cheaper than B&H even after tax! No snyde against B&H, I purchased a lot of stuff from them before, they are great both service wise and inventory, but if I can pick it up locally at a comparable price I would.

Or better yet, spend the extra $150 to support a mom and pop shop with really helpful people that'll talk to you face to face and answer questions in person if you encounter any (your area may not have one, or they may up the price more than $150)

The local mom and pop store here sells the D300 for $1750. I was surprised to see their price lower than the local Best Buy.

I totally agree. If I had one by me I would do that. Unfortuantly I live in a rural area and don't have anyone closer than about 1 1/2 hours to me.

Right now I'm in florida and am using a Ritz Camera that is just down the block for developing & Film. When I get back home it will B&H and A&I again.

The local mom and pop store here sells the D300 for $1750. I was surprised to see their price lower than the local Best Buy.

Mom & Pop in my town retired nearly ten years ago. While they were still in business, it was quite frustrating. I gave them as much business as I could but, in many instances, I could buy from B&H or Adorama for 15% less than their distributor was charging them!

I posted a link to stores in the NY area. Title of the post was Bait and Switch. (US1 made the list. Once you bring up the list, do a search for US1. It's in there.)

While some of these may be legitimate start ups most are ... folks you may want to think about before sending them your order.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back