B&W Clock

That is a nice image, Jessica.

Is it a crop from a bigger original? I think I would prefer if there were space in front of the clock face instead of behind it.

Very sharp though, and perfectly exposed and processed into B&W. It still has enough intermediate grays to look good.

I like the interaction between the clock and the background - good choice if you did this, good find if it was that way. At first I thought I would prefer more depth of field, but now that I've looked at it a couple of times, I think it works this way. The sharpness draws your eye to the middle of the frame and it then finds it's way out towards both sides (it hurts if you try to go towards both sides at the same time). I'd try cropping the bottom almost up to the "5" which I think pushes your eye more towards that center and removes some less interesting stuff along the lower edge.

I like the interaction between the clock and the background - good choice if you did this, good find if it was that way. At first I thought I would prefer more depth of field, but now that I've looked at it a couple of times, I think it works this way. The sharpness draws your eye to the middle of the frame and it then finds it's way out towards both sides (it hurts if you try to go towards both sides at the same time). I'd try cropping the bottom almost up to the "5" which I think pushes your eye more towards that center and removes some less interesting stuff along the lower edge.
Thanks Ken - I set the shot up and I appreciate the cropping suggestions.

Very strong image, I like it alot.

The black and white fits the subject matter very well, and you did a stellar job keeping nice tones in there.

Upon first glance, I was a bit irritated by how some of the clock face numbers are cut. But I think I agree with Ken in that I'd crop up as well. If you are going to cut into the clock face, do it a little all around.
I like the first version you posted. It is tight, yes, but that's what makes the shot for me. It makes me feel like its a frenzy, no time, running around, hurry hurry hurry, and the clock with the busy background and close crop enhance that feel.

Not sure if that makes sense, working on a few hours of sleep today haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back