B&W Conversion c/c pls.

El2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is my attempt on a B&W Conversion. C/C welcome. I noticed a lot of noise due to a high ISO, this is a night shot. I was using a tripod.

3001162167_e7f4b437d2.jpg

I'm pretty much a complete noob at doing "real" B&W conversions, but I find the trunks of the trees way too bright, and the light in the foreground (what I assume is lighting the trees) is pretty distracting. One thing I think of is maybe if you could've gotten a different angle to leave the light out of the image, and maybe cranked your aperture down a bit to let less light in overall, it might'be resulted in a better image. I do like the light falling on the ground quite a bit though. Neat effect.

I agree. I tried to get the tree trunk darker by adjusting the exposure on Lightroom but then the leaves will be way too dark. Thanks for the C/C.

Anyone else?

Could process it multiple times and mask in/out the areas you want darker or lighter.

I'd clone out the stuff in back. Image seems like it has enough range to make a decent B&W, though.

yea a simple solustion is setting up multiple layers in PS or Gimp, then one one layer, set the colors for the trunks, get them looking how you want, on the second layer set them for the leaves, and if you want, a third layer for the ground..

Most reactions

Back