B&W Conversions

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been watching way too many video's where the pro is tethering and using Capture 1 software. Then I worked with a friend at a Military Ball and they started using Capture 1.

So I had to download it and try it out to see. WOW, is all I can say about the tethering on it. But as I learn more about it and play with it, I'm starting to like what you can do with it, including layers.

Here is one image that I took tethered and then processed and converted it to b&w.

5D Mk III, 70-200mm f/2.8 @200mm, f/8.0, 1/200, ISO 100. 3 light setup.

Ron Lane Headshots0090.jpg

I put myself in only the "getting older"category. LOL.I do not feel like I'm learning much new these days.

Last edited:
Nice! Just being able to see what the camera is seeing with a selfie is a great help. I've even set a mirror up behind the camera so I could see the screen, but tethering is a lot better.

I was tethering to Lr for awhile, but got out of the habit in December. There are advantages and disadvantages to tethering. Does Capture1 let you automatically apply presets or profiles?

Nice! Just being able to see what the camera is seeing with a selfie is a great help. I've even set a mirror up behind the camera so I could see the screen, but tethering is a lot better.

I was tethering to Lr for awhile, but got out of the habit in December. There are advantages and disadvantages to tethering. Does Capture1 let you automatically apply presets or profiles?

C1 will let you copy the settings from previous automatically to the next photo taken as it imports.

C1 did a nice job of the B&W conversion ... did you do much tweeking after ?

I would say no, not really because I really don't know much. I did to the conversation after the session and copied it to multiple images.

Most reactions

Back