B&W for C/C

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 2 year old daughter playing out in the garden, watering.

Does it work as Black and White? PP done in LR3.

5032078473_362eeef5d9_b.jpg

*SOFTER B&W* Version. Does this look better soft, rather than as sharp as i have it?
5034359858_937471aa16_b.jpg

COLORED
5034387310_7a36286807_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. It does! Very well so!
The cropped off little hand is a pity, though...

Great shot, I studied this for awhile, hand doesnt bother me to be honest, my eye is not drawn to it, my eye is drawn to the little girls face, the expression, the hair, the water and the lines in the frame.

I imported it into cs5 and had a play with it because something was bugging me at this size, its a little too sharp, so applied some surface blur to a copied layer, threshold 20, radius 5 and then reduced the opacity of the layer to 59% to find the balance between soft and sharp I had what I wanted to see.

The reasoning for the above, its a soft delicate scene, not a hard and gritty one.

Call me crazy but thats how I see it being. ;)

I still think its a really nice shot as it is though.

Yes I think here B&W is just fine. Nice scene, I too don't really notice the hand because my eyes are drawn across from her to the water. :thumbup:

Love it ! Good contrast...

beautiful pic :)

It looks ok, but judging by the blouse, I'd bet it would look better in color. Play around with the composition, too, to get more impact.

Yes. It does! Very well so!
The cropped off little hand is a pity, though...
Aw, yeah :meh: I just noticed that..I was trying to quickly capture the moment and wasnt paying attention to where it was framed.

The reasoning for the above, its a soft delicate scene, not a hard and gritty one.
I think ill try another Edit, maybe soften it up a little and see how it looks.:)

I think it works very well.

Love this!

Yes I think here B&W is just fine. Nice scene, I too don't really notice the hand because my eyes are drawn across from her to the water. :thumbup:

Love it ! Good contrast...

yes,great job!

beautiful pic :)

^^ Thank you! :mrgreen:

It looks ok, but judging by the blouse, I'd bet it would look better in color. Play around with the composition, too, to get more impact.

I actually didnt intend on it being B&W...but whyll playing with the PP, thats where it ended, I thought it really worked for it.
Ill post the color version as well...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back