B&W Help

I'm getting carried away now... I really like this photo. I hope to get this good some day.

23240932756_77dd151440_d.jpg

Hey Jack, I really like this photo. Here's how I see it.. I did both a B&W and a 'retro-style' (slightly desaturated and added vibrance, haha). :smile:

Man - B&W.jpg

Man - Color.jpg

I never edit others photos but this time I couldn't help it. This guy reminds me of one of my buddy's, "Uncle Esteban".
jacrandabw.JPG

There are some interesting and very different edits on this shot!

I know. Makes it more confusing actually. What is your take, or which do you like or dislike? I'm all over the board. I do like the HDR version maybe #1. JC's framed sepia version is really nice, Wade's color version is too, and I like how Lew took away some focus from the face and the watch. I do like the darker water better than light.

Again, I am all over the place. Thanks to everyone that gave it a shot, and offered suggestions.

I put a 'Like' on the versions I thought were solid. There are three or four pretty good renditions of the shot, by my way of looking at it, but my opinion affects nobody else's opinion. The thing with B&W conversions is that the emphasis can be altered very significantly by any color filter effects, or strong burning or dodging, or sloppy border/faux distressed border type looks, etc..etc.. Should the water be darker or lighter than the foreground? I dunno. Warm tone B&W look or cold-tone B&W look? I dunno...what's the world's BEST beer with a cheeseburger?

id saw original black and white not hdr and try next time to get an angle on the facial expression ,would have been interesintg, good pic

I put a 'Like' on the versions I thought were solid. There are three or four pretty good renditions of the shot, by my way of looking at it, but my opinion affects nobody else's opinion. The thing with B&W conversions is that the emphasis can be altered very significantly by any color filter effects, or strong burning or dodging, or sloppy border/faux distressed border type looks, etc..etc.. Should the water be darker or lighter than the foreground? I dunno. Warm tone B&W look or cold-tone B&W look? I dunno...what's the world's BEST beer with a cheeseburger?

Welp....I'm really digging on IPA's these days especially with a blue cheese burger w/grilled onions and shrooms. :)

Sorry for the slow response on some of the later comments.

My goodness. What I have found with all the rendetions is that B&W processing can be just as flexible as color.
Thanks for all the offerings!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back